do I need to set mail box name same as NT account

do I need to set mail box name same as NT account

Post by sylvi » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Do I need to set mail box name same as NT account? for example I have

have a NT account as XYZ? and I Outlook or express, How to set user name and
password?

Thanks

do I need to set mail box name same as NT account

Post by Martin Tui » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Yes the NT account can differ from the SMTP address.
Please read PSS ID Q200788 on support.microsoft.com how to set the passwords
using Outlook Express.

Regards,

Martin Tuip
System Architect

www.exchange-mail.org

> Hi,

> Do I need to set mail box name same as NT account? for example I have

> have a NT account as XYZ? and I Outlook or express, How to set user name
and
> password?

> Thanks

1. Look up Exchange Mail box name from NT account name

I found that no, you can't.  I actually had to store the alias for the
Exchange mailbox I wanted to access in a two-field table consisting of NT
login name and Exchange alias.  The alias is the only way I've found to
access the Exchange information.  (If you're using Site Server
Personalization & Membership, you can use one of the existing attributes of
the default directory called mailBoxLocation to store this value.
Otherwise, you have to store it somewhere for yourself.)

BTW, don't go changing Exchange aliases in the administrator; it gets
something out of sync with LDAP access to the directory, and the only
solution is to delete the mailbox and recreate it.  (I had to do this with
my Exchange account after changing the alias.)

Matthew

2. Broadcast email: Recipient recieve multiple copies

3. Desperately need to set up NT Account and Mailbox for it thru VBScript

4. cannot receive attch. via POP3

5. Exchange Client - Date/Time stamps

6. Background thread FDoMaintenance halted due to error code 0xfaf.

7. nt account and exchange mail box

8. how to get associated account name of a exchange mail box

9. no mapping between account name and security IDs was done