Exchange and Web links

Post by Donna McKeow » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Help!!  I know that in Exchange your supposed to be able to click on a
web page link, your browser should activate and up comes that web site.
Most of our machines will do that, however I've got a group of machines
that won't do that.  They get an error message about not being able to
associate it with anything.  I've reloaded both exchange and Netscape
but that didn't fix the problem.  Everything looks to be good in the
File Types.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  If possible please e-mail
me.
Donna

Exchange and Web links

Post by Daniel F. Duff » Thu, 19 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I just checked every link I could find on the App Farm pages
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/boes/bo/mailexch/exch/tools/appfarm/...)
and couldn't find any applet to act as a preview window for messages.

Where did you get yours?  TIA.

> > <SNIP>>
> > > If you don't use it, I recommend downloading Deming Software's Preview
> > > for Microsoft Exchange.  It makes sure this functionality is present,
> > > and also lets you look at emails without opening a new window.  They
> > > offer it as Freeware to help market their name....Great Product!

> > I've downloaded and installed the Deming Preview and it is excellent
> > allowing a Preview window of messages - saves opening up every message.
> > Very handy when you have a large number of new messages.

> > One problem - I'm using Windows Messaging Client to access MS-Mail and
> > the URL links to the WWW from the Preview don't work.  They are
> > underlined correctly, and the cursor changes to a hand when passing over
> > the link, but the link doesn't launch NetScape.

> > Wasn't sure where to post this question.. But as I got the idea from
> > here, I wondered if anyone had a solution??

> > Please post and e-mail any replies...

> > TIA

> > Kev.
> > ------------------

> > ------------------I have installed the preview pane extensions from
> the Exchange Application farm. Is there any
> advantage to using the Deming software preview?
> --
> ***************************************

> hancke & peter GmbH
> Neukoellner Strasse 2
> 52068 Aachen
> Germany

Daniel F. Duffy                                                  _\|||/_
Network Systems Analyst - Fresno County Office of Education      (-0-0-)
---------------------------------------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo----
Voice: (209) 265-3076                                     1111 Van Ness
Avenue
Fax: (209) 497-3910                                     Fresno, CA
93721-2000

http://fcoe.k12.ca.us/~dduffy

Exchange and Web links

Post by Marc Fase » Thu, 19 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> <SNIP>>
> > If you don't use it, I recommend downloading Deming Software's Preview
> > for Microsoft Exchange.  It makes sure this functionality is present,
> > and also lets you look at emails without opening a new window.  They
> > offer it as Freeware to help market their name....Great Product!

> I've downloaded and installed the Deming Preview and it is excellent
> allowing a Preview window of messages - saves opening up every message.
> Very handy when you have a large number of new messages.

> One problem - I'm using Windows Messaging Client to access MS-Mail and
> the URL links to the WWW from the Preview don't work.  They are
> underlined correctly, and the cursor changes to a hand when passing over
> the link, but the link doesn't launch NetScape.

> Wasn't sure where to post this question.. But as I got the idea from
> here, I wondered if anyone had a solution??

> Please post and e-mail any replies...

> TIA

> Kev.
> ------------------

> ------------------I have installed the preview pane extensions from

the Exchange Application farm. Is there any
advantage to using the Deming software preview?
--
***************************************

hancke & peter GmbH
Neukoellner Strasse 2
52068 Aachen
Germany
***************************************

1. Exchange and Web links

Help!!  I know that in Exchange your supposed to be able to click on a
web page link, your browser should activate and up comes that web site.
Most of our machines will do that, however I've got a group of machines
that won't do that.  They get an error message about not being able to
associate it with anything.  I've reloaded both exchange and Netscape
but that didn't fix the problem.  Everything looks to be good in the
File Types.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  If possible please e-mail
me.
Donna

2. Upgrading from E2K Standard to Enterprise

3. Can this be done in outlook/exchange?

4. Site Connector only connects one way

5. OWA Help!!!!

6. Linking Exchange Server Info to Web Page

7. Access linked table to Exchange folder (trying to get contacts onto the web)

8. Link Web page to Exchange Public Folders

9. Exchange, IE, and web page mail links.

10. Linking Exchange Server Info to Web Page