How do I create a shared calender and contact list

How do I create a shared calender and contact list

Post by Robert Garbe » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have recently installed Exchange 5.5 on my Dell Poweredge 2300.  So far it
works like a champ, however my boss wants to be able to have a central
calender and contact list for all users.  My solution was to create another
user called "public folder" and share this mailbox to everyone.  However the
boss man says that he thinks that there is a better way.  Oh yeah, He also
wants all the Execs to be able to link this common Contact database with
their PalmV's.
WoooHoooo..  I Love My Job!!!!
Any help would be nice,
Rob

How do I create a shared calender and contact list

Post by Chris Schar » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I have recently installed Exchange 5.5 on my Dell Poweredge 2300.  So far it
>works like a champ, however my boss wants to be able to have a central
>calender and contact list for all users.  My solution was to create another
>user called "public folder" and share this mailbox to everyone.  However the
>boss man says that he thinks that there is a better way.  Oh yeah, He also
>wants all the Execs to be able to link this common Contact database with
>their PalmV's.
>WoooHoooo..  I Love My Job!!!!

You could just create public folders containing calendar and contact
items. Not sure that the default Palm OS software can synchronize a
public folder in favorites or a second mailbox, but I think the full
Intellisync client from Puma technologies has increased functionality
in regard.

--
Chris Scharff
MVP Exchange