Synchronize offline folders through dial up internet connection?

Synchronize offline folders through dial up internet connection?

Post by Nick » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 06:59:13

Is it possible to synchronize offline folders through a
dial up internet connection such as bellsouth or any other
ISP? If so how??? Any help is much appreciated!!

Synchronize offline folders through dial up internet connection?

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 23:33:28

Yes, you can use VPN through a dialup connection, although it will be pretty
slow. Or RAS directly to the server, if you have a properly configured modem
& RAS on it.

> Is it possible to synchronize offline folders through a
> dial up internet connection such as bellsouth or any other
> ISP? If so how??? Any help is much appreciated!!

Synchronize offline folders through dial up internet connection?

Post by Nick » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 01:40:06

Do you know where I can find info on connecting using VPN?
RAS will not work in our situation, we do not want to
install a modem on the server. Thanks!!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Yes, you can use VPN through a dialup connection,

although it will be pretty
Quote:>slow. Or RAS directly to the server, if you have a

properly configured modem
>& RAS on it.

>> Is it possible to synchronize offline folders through a
>> dial up internet connection such as bellsouth or any
other
>> ISP? If so how??? Any help is much appreciated!!

>.

Synchronize offline folders through dial up internet connection?

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 01:58:59

You can use the native W2k VPN, but I prefer doing it through a third party
firewall solution - I generally use Sonicwall firewalls w/their IPSec VPN
client. For info on that see www.sonicwall.com - they've become my favorite.
I have no affiliation with the company, for what it's worth.

> Do you know where I can find info on connecting using VPN?
> RAS will not work in our situation, we do not want to
> install a modem on the server. Thanks!!

Post by nick » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 02:42:18

Thank you for your help!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>You can use the native W2k VPN, but I prefer doing it

through a third party
>firewall solution - I generally use Sonicwall firewalls
w/their IPSec VPN
>client. For info on that see www.sonicwall.com - they've
become my favorite.
>I have no affiliation with the company, for what it's
worth.

>> Do you know where I can find info on connecting using
VPN?
>> RAS will not work in our situation, we do not want to
>> install a modem on the server. Thanks!!

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:41:15

You're welcome :-)

> Thank you for your help!

1. Remotely synchronize offline folders over internet?

Hi,

Is there a way to access the exchange server over the internet and
synchronize the offline folders that way?

I have a user who wants to keep his mail box up to date, he is not happy to
use OWA and would like to be able to synchronize over the internet if
possible.

Please let me know,

Etienne.

2. Calling Exchange 2000 Guru's

3. offline folders not synchronizing

4. eseutil.exe & ese.dll from Exchange 2000

5. Synchronizing offline folders from the road.

6. splitting domain

7. Synchronizing a public folder to an offline file

8. Easy way to track users e-mail traffic?

9. Synchronizing of offline folders

10. Offline folders not synchronizing

11. Error Synchronizing offline folders

12. Can't synchronize offline folders

13. Offline User can′t synchronize public folder after moving it away and back again