Adding addresses to global address book from Outlook

Adding addresses to global address book from Outlook

Post by Marco Esser » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I can add adresses to the global address list in Exchange Admin on the
Exchange server. I tried to do the same from outlook, but am given the
message 'you cannot create entries for this address book'. This happens
even when I log on to Exchange as administrator (or as a user that has
administrator rights on the address book). It seems I can only add to my
personal address book....!

I desperately need to make it possible for certain users to add addresses
to the global address list since changes are frequent. I want them to do
this in Outlook since I don't want them to work on the Exchange server with
the admin tools...

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Marco Essers

Adding addresses to global address book from Outlook

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00

The Outlook client does not include the ability to change anything in the
GAL other than the membership of distribution lists.
______
Sue Mosher
Author of "The Microsoft Outlook
E-mail and Fax Guide"
http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/

Quote:>I can add adresses to the global address list in Exchange Admin on the