Clients require username and password to logon to outlook

Clients require username and password to logon to outlook

Post by js » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 04:36:17

From the client Machine I can make a VPN connection into
the company. But when I try to open Outlook it asks me
for Username / domain /password . The user account that
makes the VPN connection into the company has an account
in that domain. Please help and tell me how to solve this
problem.

Thanks,
JS

Clients require username and password to logon to outlook

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:39:25

If the client machine isn't an NT/2k/XP Pro box logging into the domain with
cached credentials before it makes the VPN connection, this is normal
behavior. Just enter the credentials and there you go.

> From the client Machine I can make a VPN connection into
> the company. But when I try to open Outlook it asks me
> for Username / domain /password . The user account that
> makes the VPN connection into the company has an account
> in that domain. Please help and tell me how to solve this
> problem.

> Thanks,
> JS

1. OWA requires username and password twice

Specs:  Exchange 5.5 sp4 running on NT4 sp6a, clients using IE5.5 sp1

I am running OWA on my Exchange server using NTLM over SSL.  I have it set
so that when my users go to the mail page http://mail.whatever.com it then
redirects them to the secure mail logon.asp.  The problem is that when it
redirects, the domain login box pops up, they sign in and then they get to
the logon.asp page.  Once they enter their username in the logon.asp page
they get another domain login box.  If I have them go to
https://mail.whatever.com, then they only get the one domain login box.
Everything does the exact same if I use basic authentication over SSL.  Why
am I getting two domain login boxes?

However, I use IE 6 and only get one domain login box.

What is happening here?  Have I misconfigured something somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

Rob

2. Duplicate Distribution List

3. OWA log off requires username and password

4. Using a period in email address ?

5. OWA requires username and password twice

6. Cleaning mailboxes

7. ASP logon bypassing the NT username and password box

8. Exchange Email Routing

9. Logon Domain/Username/Password Screen

10. Retaining username and Password during logon to exchnage server 5.5 In a workgroup environment

11. ASP logon bypassing the NT username and password box

12. Logon Domain/Username/Password Screen