Personal Distribution List appears as full list when sent to receipients

Personal Distribution List appears as full list when sent to receipients

Post by Veta Curre » Wed, 05 Feb 1997 04:00:00

My PDL is so long when I send out a message using this list it list all 100
recipients listed in the PDL.  The message is then includes the long list
of names plus the message.

Why does it not use the name I gave it when I created the New Entry
Name????  Is that possible.

Personal Distribution List appears as full list when sent to receipients

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Wed, 05 Feb 1997 04:00:00

For Personal Distribution Lists, the names are expanded when you send them.
You can see this for yourself if you open an item in the Outbox before it's
sent. What I do is put the list in the Bcc box, then use a dummy name for
To.
--
Sue Mosher
Slipstick Systems, Moscow

FAQs at Exchange Center --  http://www.slipstick.com/exchange

Quote:

--
Or...  If all names are entered as bcc: , you can put the PDL in the To: list.

In either case, it is good netiquette to include a header that mentions that

Avoids confusion.

--------------------

Microsoft MVP - BackOffice
Experience teaches you to recognize a mistake
when you've made it again        -Anonymous

1. Moving Personal Distribution Lists to Gloabl Distribution Lists

I have created a set of Personal Distribution Lists and want to
Migrate them over to Global Distribution Lists
In Personal Distribution Lists you are able to go into Members
Add/Remove and edit and cut members from one group to another.
This however is not possible in the Global Distbution Lists

Does any body have any idea how I can do this, given I have full
privileges

Thanks

2. outgoing email attachments

3. Export a personal distribution list to exchange 5.5 public list

4. public folder

5. Errors sending to personal distribution list

6. Global Address List Setup

7. Distribution lists with Custom Receipients

8. SMTP logging under Exchange 2000

9. member of distribution list not receiving emails sent to list

10. Distribution List of Distribution Lists

11. Distribution Lists appear in Address Book Views only in GAL

12. Full Access to Distribution Lists

13. Address list problem (No recipients appear in default address lists)