Associate Public Folder Contact with Public Folder Calendar

Associate Public Folder Contact with Public Folder Calendar

Post by Gabbaga » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 00:40:30

Apologies for the crosspost. As per header on Exchange 2K, Win2K, OutlookXP.

Within a public folder we have a set of customised outlook forms for
propecting new clients.

What I am trying to achieve is to show the activities for chasing up each
individual contact within a group calender (which I have set up).

Although it is possible to use "new appointment with contact", it defaults
to the local calendar, not the public calender. Additionally, these are not
going to be meetings, they are meant to be publicly accessable reminders, so
I need to avoid firing off hundreds of email invites to the contacts.

Have I got the wrong approach, or is there an easy way to solve my problem?

TIA

Gab

--
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My sig is my best friend.  It is my life.

---

Associate Public Folder Contact with Public Folder Calendar

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 07:47:30

Try creating a new appointment directly in the folder and then adding the contact through the Contacts box at the bottom of the appointment.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Apologies for the crosspost. As per header on Exchange 2K, Win2K, OutlookXP.

> Within a public folder we have a set of customised outlook forms for
> propecting new clients.

> What I am trying to achieve is to show the activities for chasing up each
> individual contact within a group calender (which I have set up).

> Although it is possible to use "new appointment with contact", it defaults
> to the local calendar, not the public calender. Additionally, these are not
> going to be meetings, they are meant to be publicly accessable reminders, so
> I need to avoid firing off hundreds of email invites to the contacts.

> Have I got the wrong approach, or is there an easy way to solve my problem?

> TIA

> Gab

> --
> This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
> My sig is my best friend.  It is my life.
> I must master it as I master my life.
> My sig, without me is useless.
> Without my sig, I am useless.

> ---

1. copying contact items from mailboxes and public folders to another public folder

I'm trying to come up with a way to create a public folder that contains
contacts which are harvested from certain user's contacts folders and some
public folders on a nightly basis. I am only looking for contacts which have
a specific value in the 'Categories' field.         From research I've been
doing today, it seems like I need to use CDO to log into each mailbox and
then cycle through their contacts to find the ones that fit the category
criteria, then copy them to the public folder, then copy the contacts from
each public folder. Should I run this in a vbs file? Can someone give me a
nudge on the basic coding outline to do this?

2. SPX

3. how to recover the public folder journal entries in the public folder contacts

4. Server Programming

5. Public Folders Question (Public Contact Folders)

6. Transaction Logs on different machine?

7. Can Public contact folder be default contact folder??

8. Exchange 5.0 Client

9. Reading Public folder Items and Sub folder items under public folders

10. Can't recover deleted Contact and Calendar Items from Public Folders

11. owa viewing of contacts created as a public folder and calendars/tasks missing lines

12. Public Folder Contacts Tracking using a Public Journal ??

13. Public Calendars and Public Folders