Exchange 2000 for remote Outlook clients

Exchange 2000 for remote Outlook clients

Post by Dalla » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 02:19:45

At my employer, I was able to access the Exchange server
from home without using VPN or OWA.
I'm looking for that solution.
Thanks
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>VPN and/or OWA. You need a good firewall  in place -
sounds like you're
>using just your DSL router. To be secure, you shouldn't

even be able to ping
Quote:>the server from the outside. See www.sonicwall.com for
some reasonable
>options that also provide IPSec VPN. I have no

connection to that company
>but I like their products.

>> How can I connect to my office Exchange 2000 server
over
>> the internet (DSL)?
>> I can't resolve the server name in Outlook.
>> I have a HOSTS file which gives the IP address for the
>> server.
>> I can ping the server with the name or IP just fine.

>.

Exchange 2000 for remote Outlook clients

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 15:21:12

What was your previous employer using for security? If they just left the
ports open in the firewall, they weren't thinking of security -