single email x multiple recipients = multiple emails

single email x multiple recipients = multiple emails

Post by Kelly Smother » Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:53:51

Anytime an external email message comes in for more than one person, each of
the recipients receive as many copies as there are internal recipients. For
example, if an email comes in addressed to both my boss and me and a
co-worker, we all three get three copies of the same message.

single email x multiple recipients = multiple emails

Post by Lanwenc » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:03:10

What are you using for Internet mail? SMTP on Exchange, or POP?

Quote:> Anytime an external email message comes in for more than one person, each

Post by Amiri Jone » Wed, 21 Mar 2001 00:29:39

Quote:> Anytime an external email message comes in for more than one person, each
of
> the recipients receive as many copies as there are internal recipients.
For
> example, if an email comes in addressed to both my boss and me and a
> co-worker, we all three get three copies of the same message.

    You aren't using one of those POP3 gateways, are you?  They tend to
cause this type of problem, especially when all the SMTP addresses are
delivered to a single POP3 mailbox.....