User Can't Access Mailbox & Web Client Requires Administrator Access

User Can't Access Mailbox & Web Client Requires Administrator Access

Post by Byron R. Daughert » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have an annoying problem.  When I'm trying to access my mailbox via
Outlook 2k, it keeps telling me that it cannot access the Exchange Server.
When I use someone else's account, it works fine.   Testing using the OWA, I
get the error "Cannot get inbox". If I use the administrator account for
authentication, then it brings up my account.

I believe that this situation points to a problem with access.  However, my
account has Domain Admin as well as a member of every group!  I've already
checked Microsoft's complete knowledge base on problems like this, but the
solutions don't work for this case.

I've already run ESEUTIL repair and ISINTEG to repair any corruption that
might be in the database.  If any of you have come across this problem, I
would GREATLY appreciate any help!

Server:  NT4 SP4 - Exchange 5.5 SP1
Workstation: 95, 98, and NT 4, Outlook 97, 98, 2K, I've tried them all!

Byron R. Daugherty, MCSE, MCP+I

                o o o
Humboldt Technologies

1. E2K Outlook Web Access - Accessing another user's mailbox

In 5.5 one could enter the alias of a different user on the logon page then
enter one's own user ID and password then (if the account had been granted
permission) get into the other person's mailbox. Typically used by
secretaries for their bosses. How does one accomplish the same thing in
Outlook Web Access for E2K?

2. Import/Export From/In PAB

3. Outlook Web Access not allowing Domain Users access to mailboxes

4. ADC

5. Client access license's affect on number mailboxes available for access on email server

6. Connecting problem

7. Rights required for outlook web access users?

8. Microsoft Outlook Express and exchange server

9. Exchange Administrator & Mailbox Access

10. Administrator account can't access MBX user folders

11. Users can access other user's mailbox

12. can't access any mailbox except administrator

13. Accessing user mailboxes as Administrator