Contact Form

Post by Antoin » Sat, 07 Jul 2001 21:11:54

I have 2 questions about creating a form to enter contact in a public
folder:

- How can I create inside a form a field with special permissions (the
contact will be only readable except one of its field)?
- How can I create a "link" inside a contact to point to another contact?

Any help, online book, docs about this and about creating forms will be
welcome

Thanks

--
+------------------------------- - - - - - -  -  -  -
   Antoine Samson

Contact Form

Post by Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook » Sat, 07 Jul 2001 21:48:53

1. Use Item_Open to check on the CurrentUser property of the NameSpace
object. Hide that field (.Visible = False) if the user isn't on a list
of users that are allowed to see that field.

2. Use the Links collection (Outlook 2000 and 2002). You add items to
that collection (make sure there are no duplicates and that the form
is saved first). Look up Help on the Links collection in the Object
Browser.

Go to the developer pages at www.slipstick.com There is a wealth of
information there and links to even more. For everything you ever
wanted to know about CDO go to www.cdolive.com

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]