Outlook Calender & Contacts Sharing Issue

Outlook Calender & Contacts Sharing Issue

Post by Donnie Schexnayde » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 07:38:18

Scenario:

User A: Wants to give his assistant access to his primary
contacts & calender, but nothing else (to protect
sensitive info). We configured his Outlook according to
the following KB article (folder owner permissions for the
assistant on Outlook Today, Calendar & Contacts...she is
not listed as a delegate) : Q290824

User B: Assistant who needs to view and modify the
contacts & calendar from user A. We opened user A's
mailbox from within User B's Outlook according to the same
KB article (added mailbox to her Exchange settings). It
shows up in her folder list, and she can see data in both
Calendar & Contacts, but no other folders from User A
(which is what we want).

Problem: Even though she's listed an owner on the folders
she needs to see, some of the contacts and appoinments say
she doesn't have permission to open them.

Also, when we add her as a delegate (editor) in User A's
Outlook, the first 100 or so of his contacts show up as
blank in User B's Outlook. When we remove the delegate
setting, the contacts appear again. The permissions issue
persists either way.

Does anyone have a clue about what might be going on?

Thanks,

Donnie

Outlook Calender & Contacts Sharing Issue

Post by Drexte » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 21:47:46

Try this, give yourself permissions (owner) to see the
person mailbox that is in question. From your computer,
RightClick on each area that you want to delegate
permission to go to PROPERTIES and add user A or B to give
them permission. You have to do this for each area i.e.
inbox, sent items, contacts..ect.

See if that works.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Scenario:

>User A: Wants to give his assistant access to his primary
>contacts & calender, but nothing else (to protect
>sensitive info). We configured his Outlook according to
>the following KB article (folder owner permissions for
the
>assistant on Outlook Today, Calendar & Contacts...she is
>not listed as a delegate) : Q290824

>User B: Assistant who needs to view and modify the
>contacts & calendar from user A. We opened user A's
>mailbox from within User B's Outlook according to the
same
>KB article (added mailbox to her Exchange settings). It
>shows up in her folder list, and she can see data in both
>Calendar & Contacts, but no other folders from User A
>(which is what we want).

>Problem: Even though she's listed an owner on the folders
>she needs to see, some of the contacts and appoinments
say
>she doesn't have permission to open them.

>Also, when we add her as a delegate (editor) in User A's
>Outlook, the first 100 or so of his contacts show up as
>blank in User B's Outlook. When we remove the delegate
>setting, the contacts appear again. The permissions issue
>persists either way.

>Does anyone have a clue about what might be going on?

>Thanks,

>Donnie
>.

1. Sharing contacts using Outlook 2000 & Exchange 2000

We have an Exchange 2000 server, and using Public
Folders.  People access it with Outlook 2000 or OWA.
Let's say we have two users that both have contacts
folders in the Public Folders range.  So there is a User1
and a User2 public folder.  Sometimes we have the need to
have a contact in both Users public folders.  I know we
could create a third general contacts folder for both to
access, but this would be unmanageable for us.

The problem is, if User1 updates a contact in theirs that
also happens to be a contact in User2, the updates
logically don't take place in User2's contacts public
folder.  So, is there a way to create one contact and
then have some sort of link to each of the users public
folders to show this user.  So that if either user
updates a certain contact it updates the main one - so
that any links will reflect the changes.  Any way of
doing something like this?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Scott

2. Emergency: Information Store is not running, help!

3. calender and contact sharing urgent!!!

4. Deleted mail

5. sharing calender and contact problem

6. Email Disclaimer

7. How do I create a shared calender and contact list

8. looking for good smtp relay software to run in dmz--not exch55

9. Sharing Contacts and calender

10. Company / Shared Calender & Web Access

11. Outlook 97 Calender Sharing

12. Sharing Calender in outlook 97 .

13. shared calender with outlook