POP3 UNABLE TO RELAY

Post by Rusto » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 00:45:35

HELLO, I have set up Exchange 2000 with POP3 Access.  The POP3 accounts can
send email to individuals in the ORG however they cannot send email to
external smtp addresses.  Error message below.

PLEASE HELP.

Subject: RE: Items from 6/27/2003 BTG & ICG

Sent: 6/30/2003 8:12 AM

'pbrubaker' on 6/30/2003 8:12 AM

POP3 UNABLE TO RELAY

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 00:49:24

Make sure your POP3 client is configured to authenticate with the outgoing
mail server.

So in Outlook Express go into Tools > Accounts, open the properties for your
mail account, click on the Servers tab and make sure you have the checkbox
checked to authenticate with the Outgoing Server.

Hope this helps

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

> HELLO, I have set up Exchange 2000 with POP3 Access.  The POP3 accounts
can
> send email to individuals in the ORG however they cannot send email to
> external smtp addresses.  Error message below.

> PLEASE HELP.

1. POP3 UNABLE TO RELAY

Sent: 6/30/2003 8:12 AM

'pbrubaker' on 6/30/2003 8:12 AM

2. Exchange 2000 behind Proxy 2

3. Unable to Relay Mail When Using Pop3

4. Outlook Client freezes throughout day after migration

5. Error 550 Unable to relay

6. Site Directory Replication Problem

7. SMTP Unable to relay

8. PB WITH MODEM AND RAS CONNECTION

9. unable to relay for

10. RCPT TO: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay

11. unable to relay

12. Strange 'unable to relay for' errors

13. 550 5.7.1 unable to relay for you@company.com