Exchange and Internet Mail (Outlook isn't sending internet mail)

Exchange and Internet Mail (Outlook isn't sending internet mail)

Post by Jorge Fari » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Okay here is what happening .

My Clients, no matter which one  ( eudora/outlook express/outlook 97
/outlook98 ) are able to send AND receive internet messages using exchange
server with internet mail connector installed. Now my Outlook 97/98 users
wants to use public folders, well we add exchange server module without
problem and remove internet mail from clients (this is correct ???), now we
are able to receive internet mail but when we reply message we get
"Undeliverable  -  The recipient name is not recognized".

What exaclty we did wrong ?

Thanks in Advance

j.faria

Exchange and Internet Mail (Outlook isn't sending internet mail)

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

    Did you install the Internet Mail Service on the Exchange Server?  If
the clients don't have the Internet Mail service in their profiles, then you
have to install IMS on the Exchange server if you want to send/receive
Internet email.

>Okay here is what happening .

>My Clients, no matter which one  ( eudora/outlook express/outlook 97
>/outlook98 ) are able to send AND receive internet messages using exchange
>server with internet mail connector installed. Now my Outlook 97/98 users
>wants to use public folders, well we add exchange server module without
>problem and remove internet mail from clients (this is correct ???), now we
>are able to receive internet mail but when we reply message we get
>"Undeliverable  -  The recipient name is not recognized".

>What exaclty we did wrong ?

>Thanks in Advance

>j.faria

1. Sending Internet mail with internet mail user ID not exchange ID through Outlook 2000 - A solution

A Solution to this

1. On exchange Administrator, add a custom recipient to the global address
book, set permissions to include 'send' as and add users as required.
2. On outlook add internet mail using Tools, Services, Add, Internet email,
Set up mail server info and user / password info for Internet mail account.
Log off OL2K, Logo on and click NEW message, Click VIEW, FROM and the 'from'
box will appear. click the 'from' button in message and select name from
list (right click to add to user address book - see note1 below)
Send message and it will be sent using your full settings as defined in

Note1. To hide the address from the view of other users use Exchange
Administrator and under Global Address book, double click Address, select
Advanced tab and select 'Hide From Address Book'

I don't take credit for this, that belongs at
http://victori.hypermart.net/SendAs.html
It will say that it's been checked on Exch 5.5 and OL98, now Exch5.5 and
OL2000

Regards

Colin Brown.

If you are looking for managed office space look at www.codicote.org, they
have superb facilities.

2. All I did was change the IP

3. Can't send internet mail through Internet Mail Service

4. OWA worked with IE5 but wont after IE6 upgrade??!!#@

5. Exchange 5.5 Internet Mail Isn't Starting Properly

6. MF-Org Forms Category Outlook

7. Internet Mail Service won't send messages to Internet

8. SSL and OWA

9. Exchange 5.5 With Outlook 98 - Can't Send internet mail

10. Can't send Internet Mail from Outlook through Exchange Server 5.0

11. Can send Internet E-mail through IMC, but cannot receive Internet E-mail

12. PLEASE HELP : Outlook won't send Internet e-mail when working off-line

13. can receive but can't send internet mail from outlook