Outlook cannot logon users w/o Admin privileges

Outlook cannot logon users w/o Admin privileges

Post by Boris Nisse » Thu, 01 May 2003 08:16:23

Hi,

When connecting to our Exchange Server via VPN (PPTP),
Outlook XP can only logon users that are members of the
group "Administrators", otherwise the logon fails with
the error message that the logon information is
incorrect. I add the user to the "Administrators" group
and everything works fine. No problems with local LAN
connections.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Boris

Outlook cannot logon users w/o Admin privileges

Post by Jimb » Thu, 01 May 2003 23:35:38

Give the users the following rights :
"logon locally" and "access computer from the network"

Quote:> Hi,

> When connecting to our Exchange Server via VPN (PPTP),
> Outlook XP can only logon users that are members of the
> group "Administrators", otherwise the logon fails with
> the error message that the logon information is
> incorrect. I add the user to the "Administrators" group
> and everything works fine. No problems with local LAN
> connections.

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks,
> Boris

1. Outlook user cannot logon to own mailbox

In exchange administrator, changed mailbox user permissions to Admin.
Suddenly, the user gets an error when opening outlook saying, "you do not
have permission to logon".

Changed permissions on the mailbox back to what they were, "user" and it
does not let them in.

Deleted and recreated the mailbox.  Still does not let them in.

Any suggestions???

Kevin

2. Updating mailox details remotely

3. HELP! Admin PW change=cannot logon

4. Relay prevention with POP3 clients

5. CDO Logon and privileges needed.

6. Setup Problem

7. Problem with admin logon to users mailbox

8. Migration wizard again

9. service account admin privileges

10. admin privileges

11. Removing Admin privilege

12. OWA users cannot logon to remote servers

13. Outlook Web Access only allow admin rights to logon