domain.com\exchange - exchange.domain.com - exchange

domain.com\exchange - exchange.domain.com - exchange

Post by rjb » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:58:59

Hi,
I have a quick, simple(I guess) question. Let me get to the point.

To get to OWA we can just type - domain.com\exchange.
We can also get there by typing exchange.domain.com,
but in this case we have to and another IP to NIC where
exchange is and place new record in dns and set up
our new virtual exchange server to listen only to this IP.

Now, he is a question:
In second case, when I typing exchange as a URL in IE,
I'm getting to OWA, and OWA is not asking about password,  that's correct
because I was authenticated already.

BUT, whenever I will type exchange.domain.com,
OWA is asking for password, WHY?

Thanks,
Robert

domain.com\exchange - exchange.domain.com - exchange

Post by Mark Fugat » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 04:06:37

Robert,

I think it has something to do with the Security Zone settings of IE, if you
look at the status bar when you access OWA using the different URL's it
should say something like "Internet" or "Intranet" then look at the IE
Security Settings from Tools > Internet Options > Security, if you edit the
zone by clicking on the Custom Level button, you should see and option near
the bottom of the list called "User Authentication" and you can set it
there.

Hope this helps

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> Hi,
> I have a quick, simple(I guess) question. Let me get to the point.

> To get to OWA we can just type - domain.com\exchange.
> We can also get there by typing exchange.domain.com,
> but in this case we have to and another IP to NIC where
> exchange is and place new record in dns and set up
> our new virtual exchange server to listen only to this IP.

> Now, he is a question:
> In second case, when I typing exchange as a URL in IE,
> I'm getting to OWA, and OWA is not asking about password,  that's correct
> because I was authenticated already.

> BUT, whenever I will type exchange.domain.com,
> OWA is asking for password, WHY?

> Thanks,
> Robert

domain.com\exchange - exchange.domain.com - exchange

Thanks Mark, that was it.