new mail icon displays but there is no new mail

new mail icon displays but there is no new mail

Post by Myra Hage » Sun, 18 Mar 2001 04:45:36

I am running exchange server 5.5 sp4.  My clients run OL 2000.  I have a few
clients who have complained that they are notified of new mail (sound and new
mail icon in system tray) but when they go to check their inbox, there is no new
mail.  There are no incoming mail rules to process.  A while back I read
something about the free/busy connector possibly causing this somehow - but I
can't seem to find that technote again.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

1. New Mail Icon Displays but no new mail

If their client is set up to process read receipts or to automatically
accept meeting requests on arrival they will get this problem.  Check
the users deleted items folder after they report the next instance - I
bet there will be a recently received message in there!!

John Sullivan

2. Deleting by dates

3. New Mail Notification but no new mail!

4. ISINTEG %%% ALLTESTS didn't resolve problem

5. New Mail Notification with No New Mail

6. error 5.4.0

7. New mail NOT refreshing in inbox, Outlook200-97.....Have to hit F5 to receive new mail

8. Clients can ping server but can't connect to it.

9. New Mail Notification but no new mail!

10. New Mail Icon

11. Outlook97 Closes - clicking on new mail icon