Outlook in Office '97 Vs. Outlook 97

Post by Rich Lichva » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

If I have the alternative to use either Outlook in Office
Pro '97 or the separate Outlook 97 product.  I've already
had bad experiences installing the Outlook 97 over the
Outlook from Office97.  Any suggestions of which way to go?
(We're using Exchange Server 5.0.)

Outlook in Office '97 Vs. Outlook 97

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Sat, 15 Nov 1997 04:00:00

You will not get the Exchange Server 5.0 features unless you install the
copy of Outlook that came with your Exchange Server package or the
Enterprise Update version of Office 97 Service Release 1.
--
Sue Mosher
Slipstick Systems, Moscow

Quote:> If I have the alternative to use either Outlook in Office
> Pro '97 or the separate Outlook 97 product.  I've already
> had bad experiences installing the Outlook 97 over the
> Outlook from Office97.  Any suggestions of which way to go?
> (We're using Exchange Server 5.0.)

1. Outlook '97 vs. Outlook Express

I find these two programs and Microsoft's decision to use similar names
very confusing.

1.  Why is it that the address book in OE seems to be more robust than
O'97?
2   Why is there no option in O'97 to automatically add the addresses of
people to whom I reply like there is in OE?
3.   Why is that you can right click on a name/address in OE and be
offered a chance to add the name/address to your address book, but there
is no similar option in O'97?
4.   OE gives you internet mail and internet news, but no way to connect
to in-house email (such as Exchange).   O'97 gives you internet mail and
in-house email, but no internet news.  Why can't we have all three
things (news, internet mail and in-house email) in one application?
5.   Why is it that OE and O'97 have such similar names, but each one
seems to have been written by a team that never saw or heard of the
other product?

you.

2. Connecting sites over frame relay

3. RTF being converted to HTML

4. Very slowly conectiĆ³n Outlook 97 Vs. Exhange 5.5

5. Home server incorrect for child public folder.

6. Comparison: Outlook Mac vs. Outlook 97

7. Lotus Notes to Outlook ATTxxxxxx.TXT problem

8. Outlook 97 vs. Outlook Express

9. Outlook 97 vs. Outlook Express Differences

10. Outlook 97 can't see the Mac Outlook calendar

11. Adding email addresses using outlook 97/97/2000

12. Network Traffic Patterns: OUTLOOK 97 vs 2000