Exchange Security

Post by Amry Hanitij » Sat, 05 Jul 1997 04:00:00

To all Exchange Security Gurus. I have the following question: I have an
e-mail message which I encrypt it through Exchange server and send it
through the Internet. Will the recipient on the other end who doesn't run
on Exchange server be able decrypt the message if I provide him/her with
the security key ?

Thanks,

Amry

Exchange Security

Post by Anthon » Sat, 05 Jul 1997 04:00:00

If you are using Advanced Security, this is neither applicable nor
possible.

If you are using a third-party encryption package, it should work, as long
as you encode the message at your end in MIME or UUENCODE and his client
software can understand this encoding.  In order for encrypted messages to
decrypt correctly, you have to make sure that every bit is preserved--so
even if the message is plain text, you should send it as a binary file
using UUENCODE or MIME or something.
--
Anthony

Quote:> To all Exchange Security Gurus. I have the following question: I have an
> e-mail message which I encrypt it through Exchange server and send it
> through the Internet. Will the recipient on the other end who doesn't run
> on Exchange server be able decrypt the message if I provide him/her with
> the security key ?

> Thanks,

> Amry

1. Exchange security & CDO- HELP

We are developing a server-side application that needs to
create & access
appointments in users' calendar folders.  We are using the
CDO API through
DCOM- using a container called ocxhost.  We have
discovered that through CDO
we cannot access (read) another user's Calendar folder.
To access any
public folder through CDO, we have to logon to the domain
as that user.
Additionally, we have to setup the ocxhost DCOM identity
(through dcomcnfg)
to that of the specific user whos folder we want to access.

This is a big problem for us.  What we really need is to
be able to look at
multiple users' appointments through a single
domain/exchange user.  We
can't have multiple connections and even if we could we
can set the ocxhost
identity to only one user- that obviously cannot be
changed at runtime.

Can we do this through CDO?  Is using CDOEX the answer?
We need to find a
way to make this work ASAP (deadlines, you know).

If using CDOEX is the way to go, can someone recommend a
good book??

Thanks,
-Paul

2. Backup of archive folder

3. Exchange Security

4. Smtp Question (can't send externally)

5. Exchange Security layer

6. System Attendant stops ID 1005

7. EXCHANGE SECURITY WITH 2 DIFFERENT ORGANISATIONS

8. Exchange 2000 SP1 and removal of exchange components

9. RRAS/Exchange/Security

10. MS Exchange Security Question

11. Hosted Exchange Security Concerns

12. Exchange Security

13. restoring exchange Security ID problem