Publish Internal WEB Site - DNS issue

Post by Sergio Santo » Thu, 01 May 2003 17:51:31

Hi,

I decided to create a new web site and publish the site with ISA. The site
is on my internal network!
External users reach to my site typing www.external.com . However I cannot
access from local lan to my internal site using www.external.com . Why?
I did not tested yet but I yhink I can configure a host header name to my
internal clients, something like www.internal.com I think this will work on
my lan. But why cannot reach using www.external.com?

Thank you very much

Sergio Santos

Publish Internal WEB Site - DNS issue

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Thu, 01 May 2003 20:59:54

Whoever hosts your DNS needs to set up an A record for www that points to
the public IP. Also note that this is an Exchange Server newsgroup
....probably not the most relevant NG for your question...

> Hi,

> I decided to create a new web site and publish the site with ISA. The
> site is on my internal network!
> External users reach to my site typing www.external.com . However I
> cannot access from local lan to my internal site using
> www.external.com . Why? I did not tested yet but I yhink I can
> configure a host header name to my internal clients, something like
> www.internal.com I think this will work on my lan. But why cannot
> reach using www.external.com?

> Thank you very much

> Sergio Santos

1. Exchange Server External / Internal DNS Issue

Greetings,

I have placed my Exchange server on an internal DNS.  I can
receive messages but have an issue when sending.  For some
sent messages I get the error 'network error during host resolution'
and 'recipient name not recognized' message.  The reply-to
address is ok.  But the message-id uses the internal DNS name
of the Exchange server.  So I suspect that some e-mail systems
are verifying based on it and reject the message because they
cannot find that host name.

How do I alter the outgoing message message-id field and
replace it with my external host name?

Should I relay outgoing e-mail to a system that is solely
setup with an external DNS name?  Will that work?

Thanks,

Stan

2. RPC over HTTP problem

3. Exchange, Internal DNS and External DNS

4. Rules in Outlook 2000

5. Internal DNS,External DNS and OWA

6. cdoUTC versus cdoGMT

7. Internal DNS, External DNS, OWA

8. E-Mail Tray Notifier On BackOffice Resource Kit?

9. Setting up internal dns/external dns and exchange

10. Internal DNS, External DNS, OWA

11. Setting up internal dns/external dns and exchange

12. active directory naming issue involving exchange 2000 and existing web site

13. Question: Publish to GAL issue