Service Pack 3 blows up Inbox Assistant?

Service Pack 3 blows up Inbox Assistant?

Post by Patrick De » Wed, 11 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello there,

Since installing Exchange SP3 on my machine (Win95, 16MB, IP+IPX,
direct network connection to server) I no longer have the Inbox
Assistant! The rules I had created earlier still work. Anybody have
any clue as to why this should happen and what can be done about it?

Many thanks for your help,

Patrick Dean

1. To Service Pack or not to Service Pack

I run both successfully.

NT 4.0 SP2 is a little tricky, but runs fine.  If you run any virus protection software on the server you will want to get the Post
SP2 Kernel hotfix from the FTP site ftp://ftp.microsoft.com.

There have been several users who had problems installing NT 4.0 SP2.  Without much correlation, installing from the CD has been
safer than installing from a network share.  Installing from a system already at SP1 has been safer than installing to raw NT 4.0.
Our local record is 7-2 in favor of no problems.

Exchange SP3 has been much easier.  It does require Exchange SP2 though.

regards
Andy

Simpler-Webb, Inc.   Austin, TX            512-322-0071
     "The clue meter is reading zero..." - Dilbert

5. No items to view in Inbox after installing service pack 3

6. Access Denied!

7. Inbox Assistant and Out-of-Office Assistant

8. MTA DB files

9. OWA language pack and service pack

10. language packs and service pack 2

11. Messenger Service Pop-ups

12. Service Pack 1 SP1 Outlook Web Access OWA Service

13. Service Pack 1 and Services