Using Internet e-mails with Exchange clients

Using Internet e-mails with Exchange clients

Post by Zarowic » Sat, 23 May 1998 04:00:00

I have connected the exchange clients (both outlook and intenet mail). It is
funny that the e-mails can be sent out but I cannot collect e-mails from
outside. Anyone can help me?? Thx

Zarowich

1. No Transport Provider when receive email via Exchange Client and reply via Internet Mail Client

We are using MS Exchange 5.5, for laptop users, they got 2 outlook
profile. In the office, we set them up using MS Exchange Client with
message delivery to personal folder. When they access remotely
(dialup), we set them up using Internet mail pointing to the same
personal folder.

The problem we encountered is:

When somebody within the office send message to laptop user, and the
laptop users read those message in the office (i.e. via Exchange
client), when they try to reply to this receieved message during
remote dialup, they got an error message saying 'No Transport Provider
for this receipent......'. If they reply the message by re-typing the
complete email address, it will send.

It seems to me the Exchange Client and Internet Mail client treat the
reply-to address differently. Exchange keep the 'user name' as reply
to and Internet mail keep the 'email address' as reply to. Are there
anyway to force Exchange 5.5 to keep the complete email address as
'reply to' especially when the 'deliver to' destination is a personal
folder that probably might used by Internet Mail client ??

Any help most appreciated. B.Rgds/KL

2. email !

3. Using Exchange Client version 4 for Internet email

4. Store.exe uses 100% of CPU

5. Wrong timestamp on Win95 Exchange client using Internet Mail Service

6. email addresses

7. Internet Mail (POP3) using Exchange client ver.4.0

8. Configuring Outlook folders for off-line usage without doing individually

9. Wrong timestamp on Win95 Exchange client using Internet Mail Service