Receiving exceeding storage limits even deleted all item in Inbox

Receiving exceeding storage limits even deleted all item in Inbox

Post by Freddy Won » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 10:57:13

Does anyone face these problem before, my current
situation is "I'm deleted all the mail in Inbox, I'm still
receiving warning message from exchange."

Receiving exceeding storage limits even deleted all item in Inbox

Post by Kara » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 12:33:56

Have you emptied your deleted items folder?

Quote:> Does anyone face these problem before, my current
> situation is "I'm deleted all the mail in Inbox, I'm still
> receiving warning message from exchange."

Receiving exceeding storage limits even deleted all item in Inbox

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 12:49:10

Right-click on your top-level folder (Outlook today) and go to folder size.
It will tell you the size of the whole mailbox & of each subfolder. You need
to empty deleted items, and probably want to go through sent items to purge
them - I keep only 1 month's worth of mail in mine, file the stuff I really
need to keep in other folders/public folders.

> Does anyone face these problem before, my current
> situation is "I'm deleted all the mail in Inbox, I'm still
> receiving warning message from exchange."

1. Deleted Item retention and Storage Limits

We have a server running Exchange5.5SP3 with storage limits set on the
Private Information Store and all recipient mailboxes inheriting those
limits.
We also have a Deleted Item Retention time set on the store.

In the Exchange Administrator console viewing mailbox resources with the
Deleted Items (K)
and Storage Limits columns added we have a number of users whose Deleted
Items
exceed their storage limits but whose Storage Limits show Below Limit, is
this correct behaviour?
Do the items in the Deleted Items folder seen by an Exchange client count
against the storage limits
for that mailbox?

 Also we have some users who show a Deleted Items count (some of several
Mbytes)
in   the Exchange Administrator console but running an Exchange client
(Outlook2000) against
those mailboxes shows no items in their Deleted Items folder and no items
accessible from
Recover Deleted Items. How can this be?

Thanks

Lee Flight
Network Support Section,
Computer Centre, University of Leicester
Leicester LE1 7RH, UK

2. Changing password using OWA

3. Mailbox Limit Exceeded / Message Length Exceeds Administrative Limit

4. server windows NT mirroring

5. Even Admin can't delete items in Deleted tems[Pub folder]

6. POP3 Connect

7. Deleting Messages from Inbox, Sent Items and Deleted Items

8. Need Help!

9. NDR exceeded storage limits

10. Changing the default time for Exceeding Storage Limit Warning on Exchange 5.5

11. Incoming Mail Exceeds Storage Limit

12. Wrong exceed storage limit alert.

13. Exceeding storage limits message incorrect.