Export other fields in Outlook97?

Post by Marcus Torstensso » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

Does anybody have a clue how to export fields in the "contacs-folder" that
youve created self in Outlook 97?
Only the standard fields seems to be able to export... ?

/marcus

Export other fields in Outlook97?

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

There's a link on my http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/olimport.htm to an
MSKB article on this subject. Basically, you must do it in code. It cannot
be done through the user interface.
___
Sue Mosher
Author of "The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"
Slipstick Systems, Moscow
http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/

Quote:>Hi!

>Does anybody have a clue how to export fields in the "contacs-folder" that
>youve created self in Outlook 97?
>Only the standard fields seems to be able to export... ?

>/marcus

Export other fields in Outlook97?

Post by Jason Masse » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I've accomplished this using C++ and the GetProp() function. Outlook has
values it assigns to specific fields, and they are offset if your are online
vs. offline (.OST). Normally, you'll use preprocessor definitions in
GetProp. You'll have to figure out the values manually after you publish the
form.

We currently have the ability to pull close to 200 fields, about half are
built in on the Contact Form, the others are custom fields we've added.

>Hi!

>Does anybody have a clue how to export fields in the "contacs-folder" that
>youve created self in Outlook 97?
>Only the standard fields seems to be able to export... ?

>/marcus

Export other fields in Outlook97?

Post by M. Andrew Sutto » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I am currently trying to get contact fields off of an Exchange public folder
into an Access database (specifically the categories field.)  The
Exchange/Outlook wizard only imports some of the vanilla fields.  Any help
or notes you could give would be appreciated.