Exchange client won't load on Exch Server system

Exchange client won't load on Exch Server system

Post by Jimmy Goodi » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

We are running Exchange Server 4.0 on our server, and Exchange client
on our desktops.

We just started having a problem with an Exchange client on one
desktop. It gets to the splash screen and locks up (same with
Schedule+). I've uninstalled and reinstalled it twice (including all
service packs) but it still won't load. It is finding the server, but
the client software just won't load locally. It is running fine on all
other PC's so I know it's just this one machine.

I suspect a bad Registry entry or corrupt *.dll but that's just a
guess.

Any ideas other than re-formatting hard drive and reinstalling
everything?  Thanks.

Exchange client won't load on Exch Server system

Post by Jimmy Goodi » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>We are running Exchange Server 4.0 on our server, and Exchange client
>on our desktops.

>SNIP

We fixed it. IBM Internet Connection was installed on the PC last
week, and changed the Network settings to Enable DNS. When I set it
back to Not Enable DNS, Exchange client started loading again.