Delay in new mail notification

Post by Igor » Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:12:52

HI All,
perhaps this is a FAQ but I wasn't able to find a solution.

I installed (as many of my collegues) OfficeXP on a WindowsXP Pro
workstation.

Everything is updated to the last Service Pack/Hot Fix.

The matter is delay on new mail notification from our
Exchange 2000 Server.

Sometimes new mail notification (and header download) is
delayed also of half an hour.

It doesn't work also by clicking on "Send/Receive" button.

Now we use a workaround provided by
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B305572
Knowledge Base Article.

It works but we are notified with a 1 minute delay than our Windows2000
collegues workstation.

I'm sure this isn't a new problem.

Thanks in advance,
Igor.

1. Delay in new mail notifications

We are using exchange 2000, SP3 on Windows 2000 in native mode, and various
versions of outlook.
Most of our comptuers are not recieving notification of the recipt of new
mail messages until they take some action in outlook (such as changing
folders).
Any thoughts about what could be causing this?

2. SMTP "Connections" in Dial-up Config?

3. New Mail Notification Delay unless activity is done in Outlook

4. Message Time Off By 7 Hours

5. Delay in new e-mail notification Outlook 2002

6. Move server wizard???

7. ?? Delayed notification of New Mail

8. SMTP Relay

9. ?? Delayed Notification of new mail

10. New Mail Notification but no new mail!

11. New Mail Notification with No New Mail

12. New Mail Notification but no new mail!