limit to distribution list???????

Post by Simo » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:33:36

IS there a limit to distribution lists? I am running
exchange2000 with win2000 (latest sp on both). User is
trying to create a distribution list with approx. 300
items. She is getting a message "distribution list has
reached the maximum size for your network e-mail server.
Is there a setting in exchange or outlook that lets you
change this????

thanks in advance.

limit to distribution list???????

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:47:49

Sounds like the DL is being created in Outlook, this is a personal DL, you
should create DL's via Active Directory Users and Computers and there will
not then be a limit.

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> IS there a limit to distribution lists? I am running
> exchange2000 with win2000 (latest sp on both). User is
> trying to create a distribution list with approx. 300
> items. She is getting a message "distribution list has
> reached the maximum size for your network e-mail server.
> Is there a setting in exchange or outlook that lets you
> change this????

> thanks in advance.

1. size limit for distribution list

When I create a distribution list on my Outlook 2002 using
the Exchange Server client there seems to be a limit on
the number of contacts I can add to it. Past that limit I
get the error message "this distribution list has reached
the maximum size for your network e-mail server. No new
members could be added." But when I don't get this problem
when I create a distribution list on my local PST file.

2. OWA auto refresh and multiple mail move

3. Limit of distribution lists in Exchange 2000

4. Auto-Reply & Forwarding to be set on Server

5. Limits Recipients-Distribution List

6. Global Address List is empty

7. Limited Access Distribution Lists

8. Custom recipients ??

9. Size limit on distribution lists in a public folder?

10. 127 contacts limit on Distribution Lists in Public Folders.

11. Distribution list limits in Exchange 2000

12. limit size on distribution list on Exchange server

13. Distribution list limits