Contacts, Public Folder Contacts show as messages on Mac client and PC/Mac Web access

Contacts, Public Folder Contacts show as messages on Mac client and PC/Mac Web access

Post by Karl Wojci » Thu, 12 Aug 1999 04:00:00

We have an Exchange 5.5 Server and are having problems with the Macintosh
Client 8.2. The Contacts as well as Public Folders which contain Contacts
show up as messages. Even the web access shows all the public folders a
messages on both Mac and PC on the Web Part.
Any help on getting the contacts to appear properly would be appreciated.

Karl.

Contacts, Public Folder Contacts show as messages on Mac client and PC/Mac Web access

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I don' t think there is a way around this other than to not use the Contact
form. OWA does not support contacts outside a user's own mailbox Contacts
folder, and the Mac client can't read the Outlook Contact form at all.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of

Quote:> We have an Exchange 5.5 Server and are having problems with the Macintosh
> Client 8.2. The Contacts as well as Public Folders which contain Contacts
> show up as messages. Even the web access shows all the public folders a
> messages on both Mac and PC on the Web Part.
> Any help on getting the contacts to appear properly would be appreciated.

> Karl.

1. public folder contains contacts (help for mac-client)

hello

i have created a public folder on the server which contains all
contacts.
the clients from a win2000 have the right look. the contacts in the
client of mac looks like mail ? help! i need help! please !
what's this ?

thank you

Susanne Franzen

2. Help: Problems with SSL (I think)

3. Personal Address Books (from PC to Mac or Mac to PC)

4. Weird Problem with Mail not arriving

5. PC's and Macs sharing calendars and Contacts

6. Front-End slow OWA

7. Move Contacts from PC to MAC - URGENT

8. Outlook issues connecting to Exchange 2000

9. public folder contacts not working on mac outlook 8.2.2

10. Web app for PC & Mac clients

11. mac/web support for contact management.

12. MAC OSX / Outlook 2001 for MAC and Pocket PC syncronization

13. Mac Exchange Client Import Contacts