Client Hangs on Sychronization

Post by Mark Morenc » Thu, 01 May 2003 05:07:35

Hi All,

Using Exchange server 5.5 on NT 4.0, latest service packs
on both the server and Exchange.  Outlook 2000 is running
on a Windows XP laptop, using .ost file.  Outlook is set
to sychronize on exit.  Sometimes it works fine, other
times it will freeze up and hang at the end of the
procedure, when the screen says "Synchronization Log."

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark

Client Hangs on Sychronization

Post by Scott Fellman [MSFT » Thu, 01 May 2003 22:16:43

Mark,

Check the deleted items folder in Outlook for the sync log. It should be
there, and should be a text file. It will contain an error code near the
end. Get that information to us and we will try to help!
--
Scott Fellman
Microsoft

Quote:> Hi All,

> Using Exchange server 5.5 on NT 4.0, latest service packs
> on both the server and Exchange.  Outlook 2000 is running
> on a Windows XP laptop, using .ost file.  Outlook is set
> to sychronize on exit.  Sometimes it works fine, other
> times it will freeze up and hang at the end of the
> procedure, when the screen says "Synchronization Log."

> Any thoughts?

> Thanks,
> Mark

1. Failure of Sychronization in Outlook as exchange client

I have a client using Outlook under Win 95 which refuses to Synchronize
with the Exchange Server.  This client is connecting to the Exchange server
via dial up networking.

Any suggestions on how to get system to Synchronize?  Thanks in advance for
any help.

Tom

2. test

3. Sychronization Error

4. PLEASE HELP! SSL for POP/SMTP/IMAP

5. Remote users have painfully slow sychronization times.

6. Logging Mail on Exchange 5.5

7. Outlook Calendar Sychronization Question

8. Transaction log files grow faster

9. Exchange Sychronization Login

10. Organisation From and Sychronization error.

11. InterOrg Sychronization Tool

12. sychronization problem with appointments in 97 and 98

13. Outlook Sychronization error