How do you Search the Database?

Post by Stewart Kessle » Fri, 02 May 2003 00:27:04

If anyone has any good answers to this, I would really appreciate it.
We regularly get FOIA requests (Freedom of Information Act) looking for
information in mail. Generaly, we have to find all references to a single
word or phrase. It can be very time consuming to search an entire
departments mailboxes. Can Crystal Reports do it? (If so, anyone got the
report query?). Are there any other tools for finding this?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Stewart Kessler

How do you Search the Database?

Post by Eric Coope » Fri, 02 May 2003 06:42:47

Quote:> If anyone has any good answers to this, I would really appreciate it.
> We regularly get FOIA requests (Freedom of Information Act) looking for
> information in mail. Generaly, we have to find all references to a single
> word or phrase. It can be very time consuming to search an entire
> departments mailboxes. Can Crystal Reports do it? (If so, anyone got the
> report query?). Are there any other tools for finding this?

> Thanks for the help in advance!

> Stewart Kessler

Microsoft used to have a utility for Exchange 5.5 called ISS (Information
Store Sanitizer) that was originally provided to help remove the ILOVEYOU
virus.  I'm not sure if the utility is still available, but you could use it
to search for specific text strings in the Information Store.  I think it
could do this.

Eric

1. Doing database defrag at night unsupervised...?

Hello guys,
I need your advise here.
I'm planning to do a database defrag at night time via a scheduled
batch command.  Since it'll be running at midnight, no one will
be supervising the whole process.
Is it a good idea ?
My system is Exchange5.0 Ent.-SP2.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanx all.
Dieter Jay

2. exchanges shares add-ins ...

3. How do you Search the Database?

4. NNTP: Problem with NEWNEWS on msnews.microsoft.com

5. searching through exchange database

6. Group address books?

7. Searching the Exchange Database

8. i cant start de information store services

9. Using exchange 2000 as a database with keyword search

10. How do you Search the Database?

11. Searching Mail Database

12. Full search capability for 5.5 databases

13. Indexing the Exchange database for faster searches