SBS2000 new user - cannot access mailbox

Post by Matthew Durandett » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 22:59:58

> Yes I am having the same problem and this is annoying because you can't
> connect even though it says it created the mail box.

> A few other things are wierd that I noticed.  In the advanced properites
it
> only shows the self permission for mailbox permissions and the email
> addresses are missing when you create the user/mailbox.

> I wish someone could help us some more.  I know when you go to connect at
> client machine it would allow you to connect to the server with the
> username.  Any help is NEEDED.

> Matthew Durandetta
> MCSE, MCDBA, MCSA, MCP

> > When I create a new user, and a corresponding mailbox, in
> > SBS2000 I cannot access their mailbox, nor see it from
> > other users' directories.  I can log in with the new user
> > and access server resources just fine, just not the
> > email.  When I manage the user account I notice that there
> > are no aliases - so I manually create a x.400 and smtp
> > alias to see if it helps.  Still no luck.  It has worked
> > fine in the past so I'm scratching my head a bit here.
> > Any ideas?

SBS2000 new user - cannot access mailbox

Post by Nino Bilic [MS » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:12:17

What this sounds like is that Recipient Update Service does not work
properly.

This should help:

Q288807 XADM: Troubleshooting the Recipient Update Service
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q288807

On the permissions (only "SELF") - this is normal - you will see only SELF
there until someone logs into the mailbox.

--
Nino Bilic
Exchange Support

Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

> > Yes I am having the same problem and this is annoying because you can't
> > connect even though it says it created the mail box.

> > A few other things are wierd that I noticed.  In the advanced properites
> it
> > only shows the self permission for mailbox permissions and the email
> > addresses are missing when you create the user/mailbox.

> > I wish someone could help us some more.  I know when you go to connect
at
> > client machine it would allow you to connect to the server with the
> > username.  Any help is NEEDED.

> > Matthew Durandetta
> > MCSE, MCDBA, MCSA, MCP

> > > When I create a new user, and a corresponding mailbox, in
> > > SBS2000 I cannot access their mailbox, nor see it from
> > > other users' directories.  I can log in with the new user
> > > and access server resources just fine, just not the
> > > email.  When I manage the user account I notice that there
> > > are no aliases - so I manually create a x.400 and smtp
> > > alias to see if it helps.  Still no luck.  It has worked
> > > fine in the past so I'm scratching my head a bit here.
> > > Any ideas?

1. SBS2000 new user - cannot access mailbox

When I create a new user, and a corresponding mailbox, in
SBS2000 I cannot access their mailbox, nor see it from
other users' directories.  I can log in with the new user
and access server resources just fine, just not the
email.  When I manage the user account I notice that there
are no aliases - so I manually create a x.400 and smtp
alias to see if it helps.  Still no luck.  It has worked
fine in the past so I'm scratching my head a bit here.
Any ideas?

2. OWA intermitent access

3. exchange client's pop3 password not kept ?

4. 2k and 5.5 Ip scheme

5. E-Mail via MAPI trough Exchange to Compuserve

6. New Users Cannot Access Mailbox

7. Cannot access new mailbox

8. SBS2000 and Exchange 2000 mailbox access

9. Cannot Access re-enabled users mailbox

10. Cannot access users mailboxes to backup