Win XP, Outlook 2000 Client

Post by Bill Brutzma » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:09:01

Our first Windows XP PC can connect to our Exchange 5.5
server with Outlook XP but not with Outlook 2000.

I am wondering if Win XP has a built-in hitch that forces
us to upgrade our e-mail clients to Outlook XP.

Help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bill

973.471.7770 x145

Win XP, Outlook 2000 Client

Post by William Lefkovics [MVP » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:29:58

Nope.  Is your Outlook2000 installation in Corporate Workgroup Mode?
What happens when you try to connect?

William

Quote:> Our first Windows XP PC can connect to our Exchange 5.5
> server with Outlook XP but not with Outlook 2000.

> I am wondering if Win XP has a built-in hitch that forces
> us to upgrade our e-mail clients to Outlook XP.

> Help would be appreciated.

> Regards,

> Bill

> 973.471.7770 x145

1. Global address list Outlook 2000, Win XP SP1

Client has SBS Win2K.

Win XP SP1 workstations with Outlook 2000 get the
following message when trying to access the GLA:
"The server containing the Global Address List is no
longer available. You can reconnect . . ."

If I delete and re-add the Exchange Server entry in the
Profile, the GLA is accessible during the first sessions
of Outlook.  Upon second opening of Outlook get the above
message.

Properties of the GLA on the failing client shows null
entry in Server.

User ID can successfully log on to any Win2K workstations
with none of the above issues.

I suspect an AD problem. Helpful suggestions most welcome.

Thanks

2. MAC Outlook Palm sync tool?

3. probelm using MS Outlook 2000 under win XP PROF

4. Could you help me?

5. Win XP Outlook and Exchange 2000 Log On

6. Exchanging address lists with other org?

7. Can't network Win 2000 Pro to Win XP Home System

8. Cannot upgrade to Exchange 2000

9. Outlook 2000 client on win 2000- Does Not Receive New Mail Automatically

10. Windows XP - Outlook XP logon error to Exchange 2000 SP2

11. windows XP outlook XP exchange 2000

12. Exchange 2000, Outlook XP on Windows XP hangs

13. Win XP Pro & Exchange 2000