PST file locked open

Post by Bruce and Linda Guyt » Sun, 27 Jul 1997 04:00:00

We are running Exchange 4.0 and store users PST files on the Exchange
server.  Occasionally, a user will get a message that they cannot
access their PST file because another process has it open.  At this
point you can not copy, rename, etc. the file until you reboot.  The
file never shows up as being in use by NT and rebooting the system is
getting to be a problem.  Has anyone heard of this or is there a way
to unlock the file without rebooting? Thanks.

PST file locked open

Post by Anthon » Thu, 07 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Store the PSTs on the local machines, and this problem should go away.
--
Anthony

Quote:

> We are running Exchange 4.0 and store users PST files on the Exchange
> server.  Occasionally, a user will get a message that they cannot
> access their PST file because another process has it open.  At this
> point you can not copy, rename, etc. the file until you reboot.  The
> file never shows up as being in use by NT and rebooting the system is
> getting to be a problem.  Has anyone heard of this or is there a way
> to unlock the file without rebooting? Thanks.

1. File lock on mailbox.pst

After starting Exchange client and attempting to access their personal
folders, users get the following Microsoft Exchange error:  " The
command you specified could not be carried out.  The file
G:\DATA\XXX\Exchange\mailbox.pst could not be accessed because another
workstation has modified it.  Close and then restart all mail-enabled
applications."  The office is using a Netware 4.x server, Windows 95
with Novell 32 bit clients on workstations.  This has occurred
immediately after a hard boot.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. Weird mail format problems with Exchange

3. User locked themselves out of their .pst file

4. Need screen shots of OWA 2k for comparison

5. Locked out of a PST file

6. Do Anybody know about Viruses Protection in MS Exchange ??

7. File lock on mailbox.pst

8. Email content scanning

9. Locked out of a PST file

10. Locked PST file

11. Locked out of a PST file

12. File lock on mailbox.pst

13. Importing mails from .pst file to another .pst file