Message Conflicts with OST

Post by John Crouc » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 03:49:46

We use Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002.  My boss frequently gets Message
Conflict notifications from the System Administrator.  It says there are
conflicting edits to a message, and that he must resolve them.  As far as I
can tell, no one is editing these messages, other than to read, reply,
forward and delete them.   My boss has two computers, one at work and one at
home.  Both have Outlook 2002,  Offline Folder Access, are on all day but
turned off at night, and synchronize throughout the day at 5 or 15 minute
intervals.  Only a few messages generate the Message Conflicts, and I can
see no pattern as to which ones do it.

Anyone recognize this problem?  I assume it is related to the
synchronization setup, since this is the only user who has this problem.  Is
there any way to configure the client or server to automatically resolve
these conflicts without his intervention?  Is there any way to get exact
info on what the server recognizes as being different between the two
conflicting messages?  I can see no difference myself.

Message Conflicts with OST

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 08:46:31

Check all time zone settings & local time.

Quote:> We use Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002.  My boss frequently gets Message
> Conflict notifications from the System Administrator.  It says there are
> conflicting edits to a message, and that he must resolve them.  As far as
> can tell, no one is editing these messages, other than to read, reply,
> forward and delete them.   My boss has two computers, one at work and one
at
> home.  Both have Outlook 2002,  Offline Folder Access, are on all day but
> turned off at night, and synchronize throughout the day at 5 or 15 minute
> intervals.  Only a few messages generate the Message Conflicts, and I can
> see no pattern as to which ones do it.

> Anyone recognize this problem?  I assume it is related to the
> synchronization setup, since this is the only user who has this problem.
Is
> there any way to configure the client or server to automatically resolve
> these conflicts without his intervention?  Is there any way to get exact
> info on what the server recognizes as being different between the two
> conflicting messages?  I can see no difference myself.

Message Conflicts with OST

Post by John Crouc » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 03:40:44

Both computers are Win2000 and part of the domain.  The clocks are
synchronized - same time and timezone.
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> Check all time zone settings & local time.

> > We use Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002.  My boss frequently gets Message
> > Conflict notifications from the System Administrator.  It says there are
> > conflicting edits to a message, and that he must resolve them.  As far
as
> > can tell, no one is editing these messages, other than to read, reply,
> > forward and delete them.   My boss has two computers, one at work and
one
> at
> > home.  Both have Outlook 2002,  Offline Folder Access, are on all day
but
> > turned off at night, and synchronize throughout the day at 5 or 15
minute
> > intervals.  Only a few messages generate the Message Conflicts, and I
can
> > see no pattern as to which ones do it.

> > Anyone recognize this problem?  I assume it is related to the
> > synchronization setup, since this is the only user who has this problem.
> Is
> > there any way to configure the client or server to automatically resolve
> > these conflicts without his intervention?  Is there any way to get exact
> > info on what the server recognizes as being different between the two
> > conflicting messages?  I can see no difference myself.

1. Message Conflicts with OST

[...]

2. 2nd smtp connector for redundancy

3. Public folder conflicts/conflict messages

4. Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator program

5. Need Help with .ost file conflict

6. Mine/UUEncoding on emails

7. # of messages on OST do not match # of messages on Exchsrvr5.5

8. Exchanger Server Administrator in another domain

9. Public Folder Conflict Message

10. Exchange 5.5 Event Service/message conflicts in Exchange/Outlook

11. !Message Conflicts

12. PR_RESOLVE_METHOD - Conflict messages

13. Message Conflicts