Global Domain Mailbox on Exchange, Proxy&POP3 x Firewall ?

Global Domain Mailbox on Exchange, Proxy&POP3 x Firewall ?

Post by Adam Tata » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 01:53:45

Please help me with configuring Exchange 2000 - i have the following
problem:

we have SBS+Exchange2k+ISAServer(Proxy).

allow on server to read (download) the mailboxes at client PCs? Best using
Outlook Express via POP3. And i also need to send via SMTP of the Small
Bussiness Server. How? I always get a failure (for example "server
pop3.cmail.cz could not be found") There must be a problem in firewall of
proxy, don't you think? How to fix it?

Secondly, i would like to assign more than one mailbox to a single user
(using Exchange 2000, global domain mailbox). User "John" will use

operate an other user. Please tell me, how to handle global domain mailbox
at all.
THANX!
Adam

1. H/W firewall after MS Proxy & Exchange

We use MS Proxy server 2 to connect to the Internet.  We have incoming
SMTP and HTTPS.

Can I add a hardware firewall (such as 3com OfficeConnect Internet
Firewall) in between the Proxy Server and the Internet?

If so, how do I configure it? i.e. LAN is 10.x.x.x; Proxy server is
123.123.123.2 (true internet address).  (router is 123.123.123.1)

Do I give the Firewall a private address of 123.123.123.3 and public
address of 123.123.123.4 ?

How do I configure my email server?  Currently myemail.myco.com points
to my proxy server, and Exchange internally is bound to SMTP on the
proxy.  Does this stay the same?

Any advice & thoughts welcome!

Thanks

BP

PS - had external security audit try and hack MSP2 configured in this
way, and they could not get in - its a start!  (packet filtering on,
and configured tighter than - erm - my wallet).

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Moving...

3. Mail downloads from POP3 global mailbox but not delivered to user's exchange mailbox

4. Internet Mail Service - Help needed

5. POP3 & Proxy

6. Public Folder Administration Problem???

7. Global POP3 mailbox, no exchange

8. Internet connection

9. Exchange 2000 and Global POP3 mailbox

10. Exchange 2000 and Global POP3 Mailbox

11. POP3 & IMAP Global Address Lists

12. POP3 mailbox and Proxy Server

13. exchange 5.5 & remote pop3 mailboxes