Synchronizing over low speed connections

Synchronizing over low speed connections

Post by Ric Messie » Tue, 07 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
    I have a network that connects to our Exchange server via a 56K
connection to the Internet. We're trying to do shared scheduling via Outlook
so I have all the mail, etc delivered to the mailbox on the server. However,
any time there are large attachments in e-mail messages, the attachment
comes down once when the message arrives then seems to come down again when
the mailbox is synched. This is a serious problem over a 56K line and even
more so over a 28.8 dialup line. Anyone have any thoughts on how to stop the
silly double download through the synch??
    Please e-mail as I don't always have the time to read the newsgroups.

Ric

Synchronizing over low speed connections

Post by Drew » Tue, 07 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Yep.  Check out COMPRESSMAIL

http://www.dynamictech.net/products/

>Hi,
>    I have a network that connects to our Exchange server via a 56K
>connection to the Internet. We're trying to do shared scheduling via
Outlook
>so I have all the mail, etc delivered to the mailbox on the server.
However,
>any time there are large attachments in e-mail messages, the attachment
>comes down once when the message arrives then seems to come down again when
>the mailbox is synched. This is a serious problem over a 56K line and even
>more so over a 28.8 dialup line. Anyone have any thoughts on how to stop
the
>silly double download through the synch??
>    Please e-mail as I don't always have the time to read the newsgroups.

>Ric

1. Minimum Outlook Client connection speed Exch 5.5

What is the minimum recommended connection speed for using the Outlook
client (2000 or 2002) to connect to an Exchange server over a WAN link?  I
guess I am wanting to know two things -- what Microsoft reccomends and also
what your user experience has taught you on this.  Also if you know of any
good reference articles on tihs subject..

thanks,
Clay

2. Exmerge - Where can I get it?

3. switch high speed connection

4. Please can you help

5. low connection to Exchange...

6. Messages out to particular domains are failing with time expiration

7. IMAP vs. Exchange Protocol over low speed connection.

8. Moving Exchange 5 from PDC to new BDC.

9. Synchronizing through a satellite connection?

10. Trouble Synchronizing over a VPN Connection

11. Synchronize offline folders through dial up internet connection?

12. Connection, Connection, Connection?!