OWA access rights.

Post by tony » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have an Exchange Server 5.5 installed on a server which one of my clients
uses for his contact management.  He would like to be able to access his
contact info using a web browser, but I can't seem to set permissions such
that any account but the Administrator account can gain access to OWA.

Setting the permissions on the webdata folder only makes things worse.  Has
anyone had this problem?  And if you have, I hope you aren't going to tell
me that this is a setting which was set in stone when I installed Exchange.

Thanks for your help.

Keith Deming.

OWA access rights.

Post by Greg Aske » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

You can start by checking the permissions on the following:

\WINNT
\WINNT\SYSTEM32
\WINNT\SYSTEM32\INETSERV
\EXCHSRVR\BIN
\EXCHSRVR\WEBDATA
\EXCHSRVR\WEBTEMP

--
Greg Askew

>I have an Exchange Server 5.5 installed on a server which one of my clients
>uses for his contact management.  He would like to be able to access his
>contact info using a web browser, but I can't seem to set permissions such
>that any account but the Administrator account can gain access to OWA.

>Setting the permissions on the webdata folder only makes things worse.  Has
>anyone had this problem?  And if you have, I hope you aren't going to tell
>me that this is a setting which was set in stone when I installed Exchange.

>Thanks for your help.

>Keith Deming.

OWA access rights.

Post by Manuel » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

What error do you get trying it with a normal user account? Does the
anonymous user already have search permission on the DS Site Configuration
container?

Quote:> I have an Exchange Server 5.5 installed on a server which one of my
clients
> uses for his contact management.  He would like to be able to access his
> contact info using a web browser, but I can't seem to set permissions
such
> that any account but the Administrator account can gain access to OWA.

> Setting the permissions on the webdata folder only makes things worse.
Has
> anyone had this problem?  And if you have, I hope you aren't going to
tell
> me that this is a setting which was set in stone when I installed
Exchange.

> Thanks for your help.

> Keith Deming.

OWA access rights.

Post by Andy Fo » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Gut instinct suggests that it is the LOG ON LOCALLY right on the NT account,
from USER MANAGER, POLICIES.

This because Administrator can get in but your user can't.
If you also set it for the Anonymous INET account you should get Public
folders working too.

Andy Fox

>I have an Exchange Server 5.5 installed on a server which one of my clients
>uses for his contact management.  He would like to be able to access his
>contact info using a web browser, but I can't seem to set permissions such
>that any account but the Administrator account can gain access to OWA.

>Setting the permissions on the webdata folder only makes things worse.  Has
>anyone had this problem?  And if you have, I hope you aren't going to tell
>me that this is a setting which was set in stone when I installed Exchange.

>Thanks for your help.

>Keith Deming.

OWA access rights.

Post by Toby Beaumon » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> I have an Exchange Server 5.5 installed on a server which one of my clients
> uses for his contact management.  He would like to be able to access his
> contact info using a web browser, but I can't seem to set permissions such
> that any account but the Administrator account can gain access to OWA.

> Setting the permissions on the webdata folder only makes things worse.  Has
> anyone had this problem?  And if you have, I hope you aren't going to tell
> me that this is a setting which was set in stone when I installed Exchange.

> Thanks for your help.

> Keith Deming.

I would suggest it's because users other than Admin are not authorised to logon
locally. Check under policies in user manager as per previous answer.

Toby.

OWA access rights.

Post by Tony Frank Tory » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Install sp1, without sp1 you don't have access contacts folder.

>I have an Exchange Server 5.5 installed on a server which one of my clients
>uses for his contact management.  He would like to be able to access his
>contact info using a web browser, but I can't seem to set permissions such
>that any account but the Administrator account can gain access to OWA.

>Setting the permissions on the webdata folder only makes things worse.  Has
>anyone had this problem?  And if you have, I hope you aren't going to tell
>me that this is a setting which was set in stone when I installed Exchange.

>Thanks for your help.

>Keith Deming.

1. OWA access/rights

I have w2k adv server with ex2k installed.  Here is what my set up in IIS;
in domain name property, Authentication is set to Basic and Anonymous access
is set to IUSER_<domain> with allow IIS to control password checked.  In the
<domain>\exchange property, under virtual dirctory, local path read, log
visits and index this resource is checked.  Directory security is as same as
at the root level.

In the active directory users and computers, the user is member of domain
users and users.  It has an account in Exchange 2k as well.

I have no problem sending and receiving email through outlook 2k

The problem I have is when I access owa http:\\fqdm\exchange\<user>, I get a
windows login windows asking for user name and password.  I put it in three
times and I get the following error in ie

"You are not authorized to view this page
credentials you supplied. "

I read through the newsgroup and alot of rights issues has to do with
"adding local access".  If this is solution, can some one help me how
exactly to add the rights in active directory.

Any resource on knowledge base and websites explaining what I am doing
wrong?

Thanks in adv for your help.

Howard

2. Failed incoming mail bounces, outgoing OK...

3. OWA access rights.

4. exchange server unavailable...

5. Changing Organizational Name

6. Public Resources

7. access right for OWA in Exchange 2000!!

8. Can't access OWA w/o admin rights

9. access right for OWA in Exchange 2000!!

10. Access rights to Outlook Web Access