win98 profgen problems

Post by Dawn Bouto » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have about 50 Win95 pc's logging in with a Novell Client but running a
login script from the exchange server where they are also logging in.  The
login script basically runs profgen, newprof so that multiple users can use
one pc for their Outlook.  This works fine  for Win 95 users.  But if we
upgrade them to Winh98 or install a new Win98 machine the login script
crashes.  Basically it just gives an illegal operation error.  Strange thing
is, if you run the login script manually after the system boots and logs in,
it works just fine.  I have downloaded the newest profgen and newprof.  Any
ideas why these won't work while the system logs in?

Thanks for any help.

1. Problems with OWA attachments from a Win98 client

I get the same error from NT 4.0, Win 2000 and Win98.
I have a strong hunch that this was related to Security Permissions, but
I don't seem to be getting anywhere that way !!
The (temp)files to be attached are found in a my "WebTemp" folder, and I
get an "Access Denied" Message when trying to open or access them, even
though the permissions seem to be set up fine.
I get exactly the same error when trying to post a message with an
attachment, or when logging anonymously and posting a message with an
attachment.

2. Password Changes Please Help!!!!!

3. Bad mail folder.

4. Ex 5.5 LDAP referral problems from non Win98 clients

5. Weird Behavior in Outlook..remote client.

6. Problems connecting Exchange to Win98 client

7. Event ID 1233

8. Win98 and OL2K connection problems

9. Outlook 2000 clients on win98 haveing problems

10. Problems installing Messenger on Win98 SE

11. Connection problem in Win98+Outlook98+Exchange5.5

12. Win98 and Exchange/Windows Messaging Install Problems