defining users exchange mailbox

Post by Tala » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 19:23:21

Hi experts,
I need a support in defining users exchange mailbox?

defining users exchange mailbox

Post by Mark Fugat » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 23:51:48

What exactly is your question?

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> Hi experts,
> I need a support in defining users exchange mailbox?

defining users exchange mailbox

Post by Tala » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 00:28:51

Hi mark,
Thank you for your prompt reply,actually what i need it
is how to create users in exchange.

Microsoft Exchange

>--- Please respond to this newsgroup and not directly
via Email ---

>> Hi experts,
>> I need a support in defining users exchange mailbox?

>.

defining users exchange mailbox

Post by Mark Fugat » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 00:40:13

To create mailboxes, you use Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC), if
the machine that is running Exchange is a Domain Controller, you can go ADUC
and then create a user, it should then prompt you to create a mailbox, if
the user already has an account you can right click over the account click
on "Exchange Tasks" and then select "Create Mailbox".

If Exchange 2000 is installed on a Member Server, you can either install the
Windows 2000 Admin Tools from the Windows 2000 CD onto the Member Server, if
you want to do this from your workstation, you will need to install the
Windows 2000 Admin Tools and the Exchange 2000 System Manager onto your
workstation.

If you want to do this from a Domain Controller that does not have Exchange
installed on it, then you need to install the Exchange System Manager on
that Domain Controller, simply insert the Exchange 2000 CD, run setup and
install just the Exchange System Manager.

Hope this helps.

--
Mark Fugatt