Exchange 5.5 user wants to recieve under different names

Exchange 5.5 user wants to recieve under different names

Post by Thad Cummin » Sun, 28 Jul 2002 03:49:25

I have a user who married last week so she has a new last
name and email.  She wants to receive email under the old
address also.  I tried to add another smtp adddress and
exchange 5.5 would not allow this.  Do I add another ms?

I could do a forward but that doesn't seem as direct.

Thanks for the help in advance.

PS: I've been to swinc

Exchange 5.5 user wants to recieve under different names

Post by <kgre.. » Sun, 28 Jul 2002 04:06:22

Thad,

What error message did you receive when you tried to add
the second SMTP address?

Exchange 5.5 allows a user to have multiple SMTP
addresses, so your attempt was the correct way to do this.
repost if necessary.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have a user who married last week so she has a new last
>name and email.  She wants to receive email under the old
>address also.  I tried to add another smtp adddress and
>exchange 5.5 would not allow this.  Do I add another ms?

>I could do a forward but that doesn't seem as direct.

>Thanks for the help in advance.

>PS: I've been to swinc
>.

Exchange 5.5 user wants to recieve under different names

Post by Glenn W » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 06:38:32

Exhange 5.5 will not allow you to add another SMTP address
until you delete the old account.  Then create a new
account with her new name and add the old email address as
another SMTP address.  Let me know if that fixes it.

Exchange 5.5 user wants to recieve under different names

Post by Susan VanAlle » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 21:13:16

Quote:> Exhange 5.5 will not allow you to add another SMTP address
> until you delete the old account.

Huh? My work email account has 7 different smtp addresses (gotta wear a lot
of hats in a small organization)
--
Susan VanAllen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Then create a new

Quote:> account with her new name and add the old email address as
> another SMTP address.  Let me know if that fixes it.

1. MOVING EXCHANGE 5.5 TO A DIFFERENT SERVER WITH A DIFFERENT NAME

Due to an increase of end users, my organization would
like to move our first exchange 5.5-sp3 email server to a
new system with upgraded hardware that currently has
exchange 5.5 sp3 but has a diffent name.  We currently
have three email servers in the same site; we would like
to move all mailboxes off the first server to one of the
more powerful servers in the same site then get rid of the
first server.

Please let me know if there is a way we can do this with
limited down time.

2. Mailbox deletion

3. How to Migrate Users From Ex 5.5 to 2000, different Org Name

4. ExMerge - is this the correct utility to use??

5. who can we take a different user account between lan and wan user in exchange 5.5

6. main smtp e-mail address typos change

7. Migrating Public Folders from Exchange 5.5 to E2K With different Site Name

8. Permission settings on Global Address List

9. Unclear on moving Exchange 5.5 to new server, different name

10. Different name in IMS (Exchange Server 5.5)

11. Different names on Exchange 5.5 server

12. Migrating Public Folders from Exchange 5.5 to E2K With different Site Name