Automatic Name Checking not working

Post by Peter Theeuwe » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

In:

Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced E-mail Options |

I have checked the Automatic name checking option, and it does not work.  I
also have made sure there is an address book upon which it can check the
name(s).   I looked in the registry to see if there is an option for this
setting and I could not find it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Pete.

Automatic Name Checking not working

Post by MVP-Outlo » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

What version of Outlook and if it is Outlook 98, what mode (Internet
only or corporate/workgroup)? Is this standalone or on an Exchange
Server? Are the entries you want to resolve in the main contacts
folder, another one or a personal address book?

--
Ken Slovak

> In:

> Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced E-mail Options |

> I have checked the Automatic name checking option, and it does not
work.  I
> also have made sure there is an address book upon which it can check
the
> name(s).   I looked in the registry to see if there is an option for
this
> setting and I could not find it.

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks!

> Pete.

Automatic Name Checking not working

Post by Peter Theeuwe » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

It's Outlook 98, corporate/workgroup, using Exchange Server 5.5 SP2, the
entries are in a GAL.

Thanks in advance!

Pete.

>What version of Outlook and if it is Outlook 98, what mode (Internet
>only or corporate/workgroup)? Is this standalone or on an Exchange
>Server? Are the entries you want to resolve in the main contacts
>folder, another one or a personal address book?

>--
>Ken Slovak

>> In:

>> Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced E-mail Options |

>> I have checked the Automatic name checking option, and it does not
>work.  I
>> also have made sure there is an address book upon which it can check
>the
>> name(s).   I looked in the registry to see if there is an option for
>this
>> setting and I could not find it.

>> Any suggestions?

>> Thanks!

>> Pete.

Automatic Name Checking not working

Post by Peter Theeuwe » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

You betcha!  ....I know, ya had to ask... ;-)

Pete.

>Is "Tools | Options | Preferences | Email Options | Advanced Email
>Options | Automatic Name Checking" enabled?

>>It's Outlook 98, corporate/workgroup, using Exchange Server 5.5 SP2, the
>>entries are in a GAL.

>>Thanks in advance!

>>Pete.

>>>What version of Outlook and if it is Outlook 98, what mode (Internet
>>>only or corporate/workgroup)? Is this standalone or on an Exchange
>>>Server? Are the entries you want to resolve in the main contacts
>>>folder, another one or a personal address book?

>>>--
>>>Ken Slovak

>>>work.  I
>>>the
>>>this

Automatic Name Checking not working

Post by Peter Theeuwe » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I've tried enabling it, disabling it, uninstalling Outlook, re-installing
from our Select CD's - uninstalling (again) and installing from Microsoft's
site...  still no-go.

As for new profiles... I think re-installing covers that.  It's only with a
few of our users, (about 12 out of 250 users).  So a fix of some sort would
be nice.

I really appreciate your help though!

Pete.

>What happens if you disable it and then enable it again.... nada? Does
>creating a new MAPI profile help?

>Always a good idea to just double check the oblivious... er obvious :)

>Chris

>>You betcha!  ....I know, ya had to ask... ;-)

>>Pete.

>>>Is "Tools | Options | Preferences | Email Options | Advanced Email
>>>Options | Automatic Name Checking" enabled?

Automatic Name Checking not working

Post by Douglas Buchana » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

If you press Alt-K from the To line, does it resolve them? I've also
seen some major latency problems when the 'Allow comma as address
separator' option is enabled, but in an org of 250 users that shouldn't
be true.

Post by Chris Schar » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Is "Tools | Options | Preferences | Email Options | Advanced Email
Options | Automatic Name Checking" enabled?

>It's Outlook 98, corporate/workgroup, using Exchange Server 5.5 SP2, the
>entries are in a GAL.

>Thanks in advance!

>Pete.

>>What version of Outlook and if it is Outlook 98, what mode (Internet
>>only or corporate/workgroup)? Is this standalone or on an Exchange
>>Server? Are the entries you want to resolve in the main contacts
>>folder, another one or a personal address book?

>>--
>>Ken Slovak

>>> In:

>>> Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced E-mail Options |

>>> I have checked the Automatic name checking option, and it does not
>>work.  I
>>> also have made sure there is an address book upon which it can check
>>the
>>> name(s).   I looked in the registry to see if there is an option for
>>this
>>> setting and I could not find it.

>>> Any suggestions?

>>> Thanks!

>>> Pete.

Automatic Name Checking not working

Post by Chris Schar » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

What happens if you disable it and then enable it again.... nada? Does
creating a new MAPI profile help?

Always a good idea to just double check the oblivious... er obvious :)

Chris

>You betcha!  ....I know, ya had to ask... ;-)

>Pete.

>>Is "Tools | Options | Preferences | Email Options | Advanced Email
>>Options | Automatic Name Checking" enabled?

>>>It's Outlook 98, corporate/workgroup, using Exchange Server 5.5 SP2, the
>>>entries are in a GAL.

>>>Thanks in advance!

>>>Pete.

Automatic Name Checking not working

Post by Chris Schar » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Actually, profiles aren't deleted when uninstalling and reinstalling,
so you might still give that a shot.

>I've tried enabling it, disabling it, uninstalling Outlook, re-installing
>from our Select CD's - uninstalling (again) and installing from Microsoft's
>site...  still no-go.

>As for new profiles... I think re-installing covers that.  It's only with a
>few of our users, (about 12 out of 250 users).  So a fix of some sort would
>be nice.

>I really appreciate your help though!

>Pete.

>>What happens if you disable it and then enable it again.... nada? Does
>>creating a new MAPI profile help?

>>Always a good idea to just double check the oblivious... er obvious :)

>>Chris

>>>You betcha!  ....I know, ya had to ask... ;-)

>>>Pete.

Chris Scharff
Exchange Administrator
BV Solutions Group

#include std_disclaim.h

Automatic Name Checking not working

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Is the GAL listed among the lists to be checked at Tools | Services |
Addressing?
--
Sue Mosher
Slipstick Systems, Moscow

> In:

> Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced E-mail Options |

> I have checked the Automatic name checking option, and it does not work.
> also have made sure there is an address book upon which it can check the
> name(s).   I looked in the registry to see if there is an option for this
> setting and I could not find it.

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks!

> Pete.

Automatic Name Checking not working

Post by David Zasadn » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

When you uninstalled outlook, did you answer 'Yes' to remove all Microsoft
Messaging? I found that I answered yes to this question and re-installed it,
it worked. I had only one case where I had to un-install all office 97 apps
along with outlook to get this puppy to work.

There is a reg entry to note whether or not this is turned on. I can not
remember the key's name, but found it using on-line support. When I did find
it, it reported the sob was in fact on, but it still did not help

>In:

>Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced E-mail Options |

>I have checked the Automatic name checking option, and it does not work.  I
>also have made sure there is an address book upon which it can check the
>name(s).   I looked in the registry to see if there is an option for this
>setting and I could not find it.

>Any suggestions?

>Thanks!

>Pete.

Automatic Name Checking not working

Post by Chuck Lewi » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I am having this problem with my users also, at about the same %. In fact this
problem is why I was searching this group. I am glad to hear I'm not the only
one.

After reading the postings above, I am going to try an uninstall of OL98 w/ a
regclean 4.1a chaser. I will let you know what happens

Thanks,

Chuck Lewis

> In:

> Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced E-mail Options |

> I have checked the Automatic name checking option, and it does not work.  I
> also have made sure there is an address book upon which it can check the
> name(s).   I looked in the registry to see if there is an option for this
> setting and I could not find it.

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks!

> Pete.

1. Automatic Name Checking not working

In:

Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced E-mail Options |

I have checked the Automatic name checking option, and it does not work.  I
also have made sure there is an address book upon which it can check the
name(s).   I looked in the registry to see if there is an option for this
setting and I could not find it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Pete.

2. IS stops at 1:00am

3. OL98 Automatic Name Check does not work

4. roaming profiles

5. Automatic Name Checking not functioning

6. Exchange restore to different hardware.

7. Automatic Name Resolution- Check Name

8. Recover deleted items if no retention is set on server?

9. Check names not working - Public and personal address books

10. Auto Name checking not working in Outlook 98

11. Check Name works but then clent can not find server

12. Automatic Name Checking is gone.

13. Automatic Name Checking