internal network name in return-path headers from Outlook express clients

internal network name in return-path headers from Outlook express clients

Post by Michael McNa » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 10:43:16

Hi all,
I have a problem where emails from outlook express clients (both Mac and PC)
are using the internal network name in the return-path headers.  e.g

masquerading information that I have set up on the SMTP servers (Ex2000 SP3)

Thanks
M McNab

1. Return-Path message header issues (exch2k hosting multiple domains)

I am having issues with the return path header in messages coming from my
exch2k (sp2) server that is running as a hosted environment.

I am hosting for multiple domains, and have set up users with multiple email
addresses pointing to the same mailbox, the reason for this is to make it
quicker and easier for them to have outlook web access.
If I look at any of the messages sent from these users, and look at the
return-path in the message header, it will show the return path as the email
address for the root domain, not their domain. ie.

Root domain is the domain the servers are members of.
    Userdomains are the hosted domains for the other users.

the message header, which in my eyes is incorrect. When looking at their

address.

Any ideas? I want it to always show only the users own domain, ie.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Tim

2. Domino vs. Exchange

3. Exchange not appending domain info to Return-Path: header

4. Is there any way to look for unused mailboxes???

5. Return-Path Header on HTML Mail

6. No inbound mail with Exc2000 and w2k

7. Stop mail headers to reveal information about internal network

8. MIME Setting Where is the TAB

9. Full Headers & Redirect with Outlook Express

10. Outlook Express E-mail Headers Only?

11. Outlook Client without client for MS networks

12. How to use Email encryption with mixed clients (Outlook, Outlook Express)

13. POP3 doesn't work with other clients than Outlook and Outlook Express