Recovering from OST

Post by Michael Sulliva » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

A user using an Exchange mailbox on Outlook98 has had his profile
deleted from the Outlook services. The OST file is still on his laptop.
How should I go about recovering this data? I may be able to recreate
the service. Will the OST data be viewable when I do this? Thanks for
any help

Recovering from OST

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

The OST will be visible only if you can restore the profile from backkup. If
you can't, create a new OST and synchronize it.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of

Quote:> A user using an Exchange mailbox on Outlook98 has had his profile
> deleted from the Outlook services. The OST file is still on his laptop.
> How should I go about recovering this data? I may be able to recreate
> the service. Will the OST data be viewable when I do this? Thanks for
> any help

1. recovering an .ost file

Hi there,

Is there any way to recover mail from an .ost file after someone has tried
to log into a new mailbox? When I use excel to view the file some of the
contents can be read, is there a program of some sort that can recover the
entire thing?

Grtz,

Sander

Sander "Fredman" Hollebrand
http://www.fredscape.com

"In 1980 people started playing games with computers.
In 2020 computers started playing games with people. "
- Peter Harrison

"if you're going to talk garbage expect pain."
 - Arnold J. Rimmer

2. Exchange enterprise edition.

3. HELP - recover from .ost file

4. Exchange doesn't forward e-mails !!! NEED HELP

5. Recovering a OST File

6. Computer/Internet Usage Policy

7. New tool to recover OUTLOOK.OST files

8. outlook and tasks

9. Recovering from OST file

10. Trying to recover using OST files

11. New tool to recover OUTLOOK.OST files

12. Orphan .OST File - Can I recover the messages ?

13. OST Files Recovered