Outlook POP Password change require windows after user change his password

Outlook POP Password change require windows after user change his password

Post by come » Fri, 09 May 2003 10:03:08

Hi!
I've ask my user change their domain password, but after they change, every
time when they open the outlook, it always pop the password input window.
And I check the user account in MMC, this user's account was locked.
But after I change this user's password again, then he can work well.
What's happend on my outlook? Thank you for your reply!

Outlook POP Password change require windows after user change his password

Post by Shai Netane » Fri, 09 May 2003 18:04:02

Hi
After user change his password on the network he needs to
change the password
On the account properties in the outlook, if hi don't do
change the password on the account properties, the outlook
try to use the old password and lock the user account.

Regards
Shai Netanel

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi!
>I've ask my user change their domain password, but after
they change, every
>time when they open the outlook, it always pop the

password input window.
Quote:>And I check the user account in MMC, this user's account
was locked.
>But after I change this user's password again, then he
can work well.
>What's happend on my outlook? Thank you for your reply!

>.

1. Outlook Client Unable to Change Windows NT or Windows 2000 Password

Hi everyone,

Teaching Exchange 1572.

Did some "customer" setup tests - and one of them included
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 236111

Its about having 2 Forests (actually one W2K Domain and one NT Domain
without trust),
the W2K domain in the DMZ and the NT 4.0 domain inside.
Exchange 2000 is placed in the DMZ and is installed on the DC (the only one)

The reason for this setup is that no communication must initiate from
the DMZ to the inside network.

From the inside users are running Outlook 2000 through the firewall to the
DMZ.
This works without any problem except from changing password.

When trying to change password, the error says:
"The Windows NT Domain password could not be changed.
 A required action was not successful due to an unspecified error. "

If a session is establish (not Outlook but for instance "net use
\\exchangeserver")
password can be changed.

Well - we did the Q236111 - but without any luck.

The customer uses OWA/SSL to change password, but dont like to have a change
password
button in Outlook that doesnt work.

Any ideas?

Br Tage K. Nielsen

2. Eudora setup to Exchange server - SMTP error

3. Force ssl connection when user required to change password using OWA

4. Install & Uninstall

5. OWA and Requiring user to change password

6. Automatic Name Resolution- Check Name

7. Can POP users change password?

8. automated mailbox?

9. How can a user change their POP passwords?

10. windows 98 users cannot change AD password

11. Windows NT Password cannot be changed in Outlook 98

12. Cannot change Windows NT password from Outlook 97 for Macintosh

13. OWA doesn't require password for one particular user even though password is assigned