Out of Office Assistant doesn't reply

Post by Neil Croo » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Help,
        I have a user whose Out of Office assistant refuses to send the
autoreply even though the O.O.F does start.  Has anyone seen this problem
before.

This is running on Exchange server 5.0 and Client 4.0 on NT

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>        I have a user whose Out of Office assistant refuses to send the
>autoreply even though the O.O.F does start.  Has anyone seen this problem
>before.

>This is running on Exchange server 5.0 and Client 4.0 on NT

Check the IMS property page. Click the "Internet Mail" tab and then
the "Interoperability" button. Is the "Disable . . ." box checked?
Uncheck it.

Out of Office Assistant doesn't reply

Post by Neil Croo » Tue, 07 Jul 1998 04:00:00

The Internet mail autoreply is disabled as company policy - this problem is
on the internal mail and is local to one user.  Any ideas

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>The Internet mail autoreply is disabled as company policy - this problem is
>on the internal mail and is local to one user.  Any ideas?

It could be a damaged mailbox or a damaged folde within the mailbox
(the one that holds the rules). You could try having the user move all
the messages and schedule items to a PST and run the CleanSweep tool
on the mailbox. That'll remove any rules (and anything else) from the
mailbox.

Or you could try creating a new profile for the user.

1. "Reply with"/Inbox Assistant doesn't send the reply

Here's my scenario, made generic, of course.  What's wrong?

I am connected at work to a Microsoft Exchange Backoffice Server.  I use
Exchange exclusively for my e-mail.

My internal User Name is "jzb29."  This is used for internal mail.  I can
also be reached internally as "jbryant."  Through the Internet, people

I set up an Inbox Assistant rule, using the "Reply with" template.  It is
to send an automatic reply when it receives a message with "cookies" in
the subject field.  I created the template, and put "cookies" in the
subject field in the rule.

Here's what happens:

I send myself a messages with "cookies" as the subject.

request), but I get no autoreply.

* The same thing happens if I send it to "jbryant."

* HOWEVER, if I send it to "jzb29," it sends me the autoreply also!

* Furthermore, if I pull up my despised-but-sometimes useful UNIIX
box and send a command-line message from there to ANY of the
above for possibilities, I again get not autoreply.

Moreover, if ANYONE sends me a message, using ANY of the possible
addresses and from ANY type of mail program, they will NEVER get an
autoreply.  SUMMARY: The only way I can get an autoreply is to send
myself a message using the SMTP address "JZB29."

Any idea why this would be?  Actually, it is much more important than
"cookies."  I am trying to complete a project for my company that
requires this.  Please help.

And PLEASE, copy me personally on your reply because I don't get much
chance anymore to follow the newsgroups.

Sincerely,

J.B. Bryant

2. Can Exchange retrieve, breakdown and dispense a pop mailbox

3. Diapearing Accept and Decline icon

4. New contacts entries

5. Converting OST to PST to import into existing PST or mailbox

6. Client's out of office assistant doesn't work properly

7. Autoforward in Out of Office assistant doesn't work

8. Out of Office Assistant doesn't assist

9. Out Of Office doesn't reply to SMTP mail