?? Delayed Notification of new mail

Post by Paul Wol » Sat, 18 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Greetings,

Many of my win 95 users are complaining (I can duplicate the problem) that
when they have their inbox selected, and they receive new mail, nothing
happens.  However if they click off of the inbox (on to any other box) they
will get a notification that new mail has arrived.  Is there a setting for
this?

All three settings are checked in "when new mail arrives"  This is
happening on all machines that have been on EXCHANGE for a few days or
more.  It seems when they are initially installed, the problem does not
exist.

I am running exchange server 4.0 service pack 2 on the server and clients.

Any thoughts?

Thanks..

Paul..

1. Delay in new mail notifications

We are using exchange 2000, SP3 on Windows 2000 in native mode, and various
versions of outlook.
Most of our comptuers are not recieving notification of the recipt of new
mail messages until they take some action in outlook (such as changing
folders).
Any thoughts about what could be causing this?

2. Outlook 2000/Exchange 5.5 connection hangs

3. New Mail Notification Delay unless activity is done in Outlook

4. Moving Exchange Directory

5. Delay in new e-mail notification Outlook 2002

6. Unable to connect to Outlook Web Mail w/ Exchange Server 5.5 SP1

7. ?? Delayed notification of New Mail

8. ??Forwarding all incoming and outgoing messages to one person??

9. Delay in new mail notification

10. New Mail Notification but no new mail!

11. New Mail Notification with No New Mail

12. New Mail Notification but no new mail!