Win 2003 Exchange 2003 RC1 with Office 2003 Beta 2

Win 2003 Exchange 2003 RC1 with Office 2003 Beta 2

Post by Marc » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:39:30

Hi,

yesterday I performed a clean install of Windows 2003, with Exchange 2003 RC1 and Office 2003 Beta 2, just as is recommended on the exchange 2003 site. On the site there is also mentioned to obtain an office 2003 update:
  To install the Office 2003 Beta 2 Technical Refresh:

    1.. Install Office 2003 Beta 2.
    2.. Use the Microsoft Office Update detection tool to detect and install the Office System 2003 Beta 2 Technical Refresh.
When I use the detection tool no update is found, I also can not find the technical refresh as a downloadable file. But Outlook 2003 does not work.

Has someone experienced the same problem?
Does anyone know where to get the update?

Thanks!

Marco

Win 2003 Exchange 2003 RC1 with Office 2003 Beta 2

Post by Kara » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 00:40:37

The Beta 2 Technical Refresh has not been released to the Office Update site
yet, but should be shortly.  You can still use Beta 2 for everything, but I
found that to use the RPC/HTTP feature I need the update and it works.  It
should be out very soon.

HTH,
Karan Mavai

Hi,

yesterday I performed a clean install of Windows 2003, with Exchange 2003
RC1 and Office 2003 Beta 2, just as is recommended on the exchange 2003
site. On the site there is also mentioned to obtain an office 2003 update:
  To install the Office 2003 Beta 2 Technical Refresh:

    1.. Install Office 2003 Beta 2.
    2.. Use the Microsoft Office Update detection tool to detect and install
the Office System 2003 Beta 2 Technical Refresh.
When I use the detection tool no update is found, I also can not find the
technical refresh as a downloadable file. But Outlook 2003 does not work.

Has someone experienced the same problem?
Does anyone know where to get the update?

Thanks!

Marco

1. Exchange 2003 RC1 with Outlook 2003 Beta 2

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/ti/rc1.asp

Microsoft have clearly outlined there in the client
evaluation for testing Exchange 2003 RC1 that it should
be tested alongside the refresh available quote "through
Microsoft Office products Update in late June 2003". Now
I am wondering why I need to wait until late June 2003.
It's a simple question for a simple answer from an
official. As I am not on the JDP for Exchange 2003 I
thought it would be best to ask the question here as it's
a relevant question for those like myself who are testing
Outlook 2003 alongside Exchange 2003 in a AD test
environment. I want to know if it's a risk of updating
several servers running Windows Server 2003 with Exchange
2003 Beta 2 to Exchange 2003 RC1 if the clients will be
running Outlook 2003 Beta 2.

Thanks.

2. Email Address Problem (Quotation Marks) Again

3. EXC 2003 RC1 and Windows.Net Server 2003 Beta

4. Connecting Multiple users

5. Problems installing Exchange 2003 Beta 2 on Win 2003 (Final Release Version)

6. ADS current user attributes

7. Migrating Exchange 5.5 on Win 2K to Exchange 2003 on a new Win 2003 server

8. This message is larger than the current system limit.

9. How to enable Outlook Web Access 2003 on Exchange 2003 (RC1)

10. RC1: Will Exchange 2003 appear before Octover/2003?

11. BETA 2003 - Outlook client will not connect to Exchange 2003 correctly

12. Exchange 2003 Beta 2--Windows 2003 Server

13. BETA 2003 - Outlook client will not connect to Exchange 2003 correctly