Netscape IMAP client problem

Post by pete » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Tried to connect with netsc 4.07 to exchange server5.5 using IMAP.
Are there general problems?
Normal account didn't work (password), while admin could login.
Checked everything, seemed ok.

thanks

Post by Jonas Utterstr? » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Tried to connect with netsc 4.07 to exchange server5.5 using IMAP.
> Are there general problems?
> Normal account didn't work (password), while admin could login.
> Checked everything, seemed ok.

First off, I recommend that you upgrade to Netscape 4.51 since they have
made much improvements to Messenger.

It works for me with this setup:
'DOMAINNAME'/'NT username'/'Exchange username'

Note that you must have permission to connect to the Exchange server
also for your normal user.

/Jonas U

1. IMAP / Client(s) Unable to List Folders / Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape Mail

Hi,

I have two servers (in separate sites) running Exchange 5.5 + SP1.  I've
enabled IMAP4 at both servers.  The individual IMAP configurations appear to
be the same, but at one server clients connect and interact normally; at the
other clients are unable to list folders and, therefore, fail to open to the
Inbox.

The application log at the problem server shows something like:

"A response to the client connected on 134.244.212.20 failed with error
0x6."
Event ID: 11304
Source: MSExhange IMAP4
Category: Client Action

I've verified basic IMAP connectivity at the problem server using telnet
(PSS ID Number: Q189326).  Commands work as expected.  Still, IMAP clients
(Outlook Express, Eudora, and Netscape Mail) fail.

It might be of interest to mention that Exchange clients work with the same
mailboxes just fine.

Any ideas?  Much thanks in advance.

2. Create a 'resource' mailbox by scripting?

3. Netscape Messenger IMAP/SMTP client

4. Wrong account info

5. IMAP / Client(s) Unable to List Folders / Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape Mail

6. Must keep re-running domain prep

7. IMAP client (Pocket PC client using IMAP)

8. OWA

9. problem with imap in netscape

10. Netscape IMAP problems

11. Problems with newsgroups using Netscape News client with Exchange 5.5 SP1

12. Netscape Mail Client with Exchange Server - Character Set problem

13. Netscape Client Problems