OLE Automation Error in Form

Post by SMD » Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:00:00

We are using a public form, basically a derivative of the HelpDesk form
which is included with Exchange.  When posting the form, some users,
regardless of client software version, get an error:

         "The item could not be saved. Error: OLE Automation Error."

Most users have no trouble using the form. I have not been able to locate a
direct reference to this in the KB.  We have not been able to identify any
common configuration issue with these users.  All are Win95 with Service
Pack 1. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

OLE Automation Error in Form

Post by Klemens Schmi » Wed, 15 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Probably the OLE Messaging Library (MDISP32.EXE) is missing on the PC's
getting the error.

OLE Automation Error in Form

Post by Klemens Schmi » Wed, 15 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Probably the OLE Messaging library (MDISP32.EXE) is missing or not
regstered correctly one those PC's getting the error.

> We are using a public form, basically a derivative of the HelpDesk form
> which is included with Exchange.  When posting the form, some users,
> regardless of client software version, get an error:

>     "The item could not be saved. Error: OLE Automation Error."

> Most users have no trouble using the form. I have not been able to locate
> direct reference to this in the KB.  We have not been able to identify
any
> common configuration issue with these users.  All are Win95 with Service
> Pack 1. Any thoughts?

> Thanks in advance

1. OLE Automation Error Posting Form

MDISP32.EXE seems to have no bearing on this.  Approximately 50% of users
attempting to post a "HelpDesk" form to a Public Folder get:

         "The item could not be saved. Error: OLE Automation Error."

They have no trouble doing a regular post to the same folder.  All are
Win95, error is regardless of client software revision.

Anyone???

Thanks

2. Load testing software

3. Dialup problems with exchange server 5.5 sp3

4. Problem of connection to Exchange 2000 from outlook 2000.

5. ole automation error 429

6. Can't send to distribution list

7. OLE automation error using SchedulePlus 7.0

8. Is VBscript capable to use OLE automation?

9. class does TOO support ole automation

10. Possible? Exchange client as OLE automation server